Is she a shy girl?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Is she a shy girl?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    August 8, 2017 at 5:29 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

GazDuff
    Participant
    April 14, 2017 at 10:26 am #133262
    Is she a shy girl?

A girl I know who works in a shop used to look at me and when I catch her, she would quickly look away! I used to go up to her and ask her about a product and she would seem unsettled and it felt like she could not get away fast enough. I decided to ask her out, with flowers, my mobile number was attached and she did not call. A guy in the shop that I know, asked here about it and she said she was too busy but she will call, again she did not, she said she would ring on a certain day and again she did not. So I asked her in person and she said thank you for the flowers and i said can we talk, she said about what, as if she did not know why I was there. I asked her out on a date and she said she was busy, she got really unsettled and started to walk away like she wanted to just get away from me, I asked if she was interested and she just mumbled something that I could not understand. It seems like she is only like this around me. I am really confused.

My sister said this is important: the day after I sent her the flowers, I was in the shop looking at a book, I saw her walk past I double taked her, (looked then looked down then looked up again) she then saw me, looked away and smiled.
    My sister said this is a sign she is interested, if she not, why would she smile?

It was 3 weeks (Monday 20/03/2017) that I sent her the flowers. I saw her again on Monday 10/04/2017, she does not seem to physically avoid me but I feel she is trying to avoid eye contact. She talks normally to other male colleagues, today she stopped by the door to talk to the guy very friendly and did not act the way she did with me, I just walked past her and she had to have known I was there but I feel she is trying to avoid eye contact. Is this normal for a shy girl who likes a guy?

• This topic was modified 4 months ago by  GazDuff.

GazDuff
    Participant
    April 14, 2017 at 10:27 am #133263

I hope someone can help me

• This reply was modified 4 months ago by  GazDuff.
    • This reply was modified 4 months ago by  GazDuff.

garyl
    Participant
    April 14, 2017 at 9:04 pm #133359

I feel you, I’ve been in similar uncertain situations like that with major crushes, and therefore would overthink everything.
    If it’s a major crush, we tend to linger on too, despite some flags raised.

Having lived similar situations a few times, and gaining objectivity and detached foresight, I would tell you if she doesn’t call you back, and avoids you in person, she is not showing enough interest to warrant pursuing further than you have already. You pretty much did anything reasonable with this girl, short of stalking or harassing on the phone (unreasonable side of the spectrum).

I know it’s hard to let go of these things sometimes, but I think you are overthinking events, and seeing signs where there are none.

She sounds to me like she was flattered of the gesture and interest, but doesn’t know how to let you down without seeming mean or hurting your feelings.

I would say just drop it and give your attention to someone who is interested in YOU, My two cents anyway