Is she actually interested?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 9:12 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

jg101
    Participant
    February 17, 2015 at 5:24 pm #73636

I got to know a girl who has been at my house frequently at parties, but we just recently noticed each other in the crowd. We both were obviously interested on a pretty basic level, and last weekend, she ended up spending the night. We didn’t have sex, but we obviously got decently intimate. The next day, we were casually texting and it turned out that neither of us had any plans for the night. I asked her to hang out since neither of us had anything else to do and I figured it would be nice to spend some sober time together and get to know each other. She said she had a lot to do the next day, and so we didn’t do anything. Feeling like I kind of got rejected without a good reason, I decided she wasn’t actually interested and stopped texting her. Should I ask her one more time to do something, and maybe give her the benefit of the doubt that she really did have a lot to do? Or does it sound like she decided she didn’t want anything after the first night? Thanks for the help.

OutofCuriosity
    OutofCuriosity
    Participant
    March 1, 2015 at 1:32 pm #74433

I’m in about the same situation actually. My girl also comes up with excuses that sound like she wants to avoid me. I even think she ignores my texts as they are marked as “not seen”. But I have tried contacting her via texts like about 4 times, asking if she had any plans. But back to you. If you give up after the first time, she is not worth the trouble. If you really want to get to know this girl, you should try again. Maybe she is just shy. You have to figure out how many times you can ask her out yourself. I tried 4-5 times before realizing she really is avoiding me. It would just be awkward, and I would come off as really obsessive if I ask her one more time.

kg1997
    Participant
    March 2, 2015 at 4:15 pm #74517

I wouldn’t just assume that she is trying to avoid you. Maybe ask her to hangout in the near future and see how it goes. It sounds like to me that she just really had a lot to do the next day. If she wasn’t interested after the first night she wouldn’t have hung-out with you.