Is she flaking or nah?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Is she flaking or nah?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    September 9, 2017 at 10:36 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

dj014
    Participant
    June 29, 2017 at 4:11 pm #141063
    Is she flaking or nah?

Hey! Long story short, I met this cute girl at a wedding and chatted with her after my best friend (and his fiance) suggested we meet each other. We flirted a little before I took off.
    The following day I spoke to my friend s fiance about getting in touch with her to set up a date. She was interested and asked for my number. Later that night she texted me about the restaurant I wanted to take her to. Then explained that she wants to go, but will be gone the next 3 weekends.
    So I suggested drinks. The next morning she told me tomorrow night would work for her. Then later that day after I suggested the place, she said she was so sorry and something came up. She explained she would be gone for about a week to go home for 4th of July week, but asked if it was okay to get back in touch with me when she returned. I said yes.
    Now, do I text her while she s gone at home to keep her interest? Or do I wait until she s back to text her a time and date, or do I wait for her to get back to me?

DownInAhole
    Participant
    June 30, 2017 at 1:17 pm #141156

Hi. You can try sending a text or two to keep the interest, maybe even send one asking in a couple days if she had any free time if you could call and talk to her. Bring it up during the phone call if you’re feeling comfortable enough to set up a date upon her return. If not during the phone call, just send a text at some point to try and set something up. Do not bombard her unless she’s responding back, she may be busy. However, if she doesn’t respond at all…then I’d say it’s a lost cause. It’s been my opinion that although we all get busy, at some point you have time to reply to a text or return a call. To simply ignore it speaks volumes, but this is my own opinion. I would say ask no more than twice.

Anonymous
    July 2, 2017 at 10:44 pm #141234

I supposedly suggest to text her while you are waiting that she came back.

Smilinqt
    Participant
    July 3, 2017 at 3:19 pm #141270

I would contact her while she’s gone. Maybe just say that you’re hoping that she’s enjoying her time with family, and that you’re looking forward to connecting when she gets back

hey101
    Participant
    July 6, 2017 at 5:36 pm #141384

Text her keep her intrested