is she friend-zoning me or is she actually not ready?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    September 9, 2017 at 11:49 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

John93-02
    Participant
    August 28, 2017 at 10:14 pm #147349

I work in the same department with this girl. I had a major crush on her since in met her but she had a bf. So when they broke up i started messing her over our work im. Then we exchanged #’s. Turns out we have everything in common. She told me she wasn’t ready for a relationship yet. But, i couldn’t resist. After we exchanged #’s we would message all day at work, then go home and text each other until we tell eachother good night. This went on every day for 2 months. she was always wierd about hanging out outside of work until we went out to a nice dinner a month in. but even after we would still text and message non stop but she was still weird about doing anything. So one day i ask what are we doing and she says “i told you im not ready” and i dont want to date someone i work with. I said i dont get it we literally talk non stop for 15 hours straight everyday, it time for us to move forward.then she got mad and now we have not talked in a month even though we work together. Thanks!

Jim1982
    Jim1982
    Participant
    August 29, 2017 at 12:13 pm #147396

She may truly not have been ready for another relationship. Sometimes they just want or need a good friend for awhile before jumping back into another relationship

John93-02
    Participant
    August 29, 2017 at 6:47 pm #147475

but why didnt she want to even hang out with me as just friends? thats the most confusing part

ladygirl
    ladygirl
    Participant
    August 29, 2017 at 7:12 pm #147476

Friend-zone

wawa505
    Participant
    September 1, 2017 at 7:51 am #147846

Try to be a good friend and show that you’re not interested about sex but about HER. In that way, there’s a possibility she can changes her mind and give you an opportunity.

maria6666
    Participant
    September 2, 2017 at 9:52 am #148015

just chill don’t overthink it if she is not ready then believe it, she is definitely not ready so don’t keep pushing it just be her for her try to be friends and give her time

adreamerinjune
    Participant
    September 2, 2017 at 4:01 pm #148028

She isn’t ready. I wouldn’t get my hopes up. If you care about her, you will respect what she’s told you.

mikesmith550
    Participant
    September 2, 2017 at 5:29 pm #148029

Should probably move on. Sounds like she’s not gonna be ready for a long time… sorry! :/

jane016
    Participant
    September 2, 2017 at 7:22 pm #148047
    Reply To: is she friend-zoning me or is she actually not ready?

Unfortunately she probably just appreciated and enjoyed the constant conversation because it was a distraction from her break up. She may be interested in you but not feel ready for anything other than friendship. It’s up to you if you want to continue on given that you do like her and not know how she may feel a few months down the road but I do think so recently out of a relationship, the conversation was distracting her mind…

te007
    Participant
    September 5, 2017 at 7:25 pm #148240

Sounds like she isn’t ready to get into another relationship. I’d be cautious about going forward but just be a good friend and you never know.

ls7ur
    Participant
    September 6, 2017 at 11:54 pm #148404

stop talking to her for sometime, she’ll come back for you

JessicaJones55
    Participant
    September 7, 2017 at 7:04 pm #148547

Friend zone