Is she going to lose interest by not calling or texting her?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 11:38 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Taylor
    Participant
    December 19, 2013 at 3:53 pm #44928

So to make a very long story short, about 5 years ago I dated this girl. (we were actually more of friends with benefits) but whatever. She ended up moving away for about three years but when she left we were on good terms and had a good friendship but slowly grew apart and dated other people due to the fact that we lived so far apart. While she living in another state I was out of the country for two years and completely out of contact with her and when I returned we both noticed how very different we were. We began again in causal conversation and soon started flirting again as before but on a more mature level (meaning no longer as sexual.) I asked her out and we had an amazing first date. She flooded my inbox with thank you’s that night on my drive home tahnking me for the wonderful evening and later told me that she would like to see me again. I was stoked. So i decided to take it clow and continue to causaly text her. Thing is she is slow to respond, so slow that i stopped talkin

Taylor
    Participant
    December 19, 2013 at 4:02 pm #44930

to her in for i feared that she was no longer interested in me and i didnt think i could handle rejection from her. Due to the fact that our date was SO great and how much she was telling me she wanted to see me again and couldnt stop thinking about me etc. I know she was interested in seeing me. Hell she wanted to make the two hour drive to come down and visit me. Anyway I was upset by her ignoring me and being so slow to reply so i figured if she wanted to see me and really couldnt stop thinking about me she would at least text me right? Its been three weeks since ive heard from her. She still hasnt texted me or called me, and i have yet to communicate with her BUT she still likes my facebook posts…My question is, Am I wasting valuable time and chances of her losing interest in me by not talking to her? Things were going unbelieveable well but now we arent talking at all. Did my not talking to her make her uninterested?is she still waiting for me to text her? Should I call? Text?

t39charles
    Participant
    December 22, 2013 at 1:31 am #45133

Yes, you should try to message her on FB. Chances are that she didn’t get your texts or something, so ask her how she has been on the FB, then ask if she didn’t get your texts because your phone’s texting app is having a problem. Atleast try that first, and post your update here. Then we might be able to help more depending on your status!

mcr2013
    Participant
    December 22, 2013 at 5:18 pm #45147

She is probably feeling the same exact way you are…Waiting for you to call and worried you are uninterested. Give her a call and explain things to her.

Taylor
    Participant
    April 7, 2014 at 6:28 pm #44934

Was she playing hard to get or am i just over analyzing? Am I a jerk for just not talking to her to text first every single time and have to deal with these mixed signals? Im a pretty outgoing guy and i can hold a conversation and In person we have so much attraction and we always have a great time together. But over text i feel like i hardly know her and never know what to say because she texts so slow and hardly responds…too many mixed signals for me to handle… plz plz any input will be appreciated!

Ashx88
    Participant
    April 7, 2014 at 6:32 pm #45396

Just show her that you share an interest in her and try spending more time with her.