Is she hiding something?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Is she hiding something?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 1:38 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

wrestlerlife100
    Participant
    September 21, 2014 at 9:51 pm #62332
    Is she hiding something?

My girlfriend and I have been dating for a year and 1/2, yet she still won’t let me in her house. Her parents invite me over, but she doesn’t let me in. We have a great relationship and regularly hangout at her grandma’s house. She claims her house is too messy, but I’m starting to believe it is something else. Any ideas why she won’t let me in? Should I try to pressure her into letting me in (I’ve tried before and it just ended up in fights)?

out_there
    Participant
    September 22, 2014 at 4:09 pm #62386

Hey wrestlerlife100, sounds to me like she’s taking it slow. Maybe she doesn’t want to rush, it doesn’t mean she’s hiding something. If she didn’t want to be with you then she wouldn’t be with you – she’d be with someone else. You have to stop getting paranoid about little things like this. Do you think she’s hiding another boyfriend in her cupboard? That’s the realism of your logic, it’s not logical. If her parents are offering you around then she’s told her parents about you, most girls who aren’t interested don’t go telling their parents about a guy, because, well, what’s the point? It’s meaningless if it’s nothing is going to come of it.

I’ve been dating an amazing woman for 3 years, I’ve never ever been to her house. I’ve never met her parents, in fact her parents don’t know I exist. You are wanting to pressure her into letting you into her home when in reality, your just not thinking straight, just relax.

If you love her, then you will trust her! Simple as that!

arty
    Participant
    September 22, 2014 at 5:49 pm #62398

Its just completely strange for me to hear that! A year and a half!? Usually it takes someone not more than a month to invite the person they are dating to their home but there might be something that she’s ashamed of or uncomfortable with. Due to how long time has passed, I strongly suggest that you tell her you want to know why she wouldn’t let you in because messy is just a blatant lie. And if it was really bad, you should know now better than later.

solitary81
    Participant
    September 24, 2014 at 9:26 am #62459

Talk it out, cant be as worse as my experience. knock, knock… who are you I’m her boyfriend, uh’ no i’m her boyfriend. It could be a million reasons, you wont know until you both sit down and talk about it (without fighting).

don104
    Participant
    September 24, 2014 at 7:49 pm #62505

Just talk about it and don’t do anything to cause conflict (if she does without provocation then I’d say there’s obviously something she’s hiding) but you can’t jump to conclusions early. I’ve assumed the worst about things and it turned out to be nothing, but I’ve also assumed it’s nothing and it turned out to be exactly what I thought it wasn’t. All you can do is explain to her why it’s strange and talk it out, you can’t be afraid of making her uncomfortable because after a year and a half the inside of her house should be something she’s not afraid of you seeing

Anonymous
    September 25, 2014 at 3:00 am #62521

she want to give surprise for your birthday or for any special event, she is not hiding any thing with you, if she want to hide you why she meet you her parents and taking into her grand ma home…I think she dont know how much pain you have for ignoring those words. once you ask her coolily