Is she Interested

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Is she Interested

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 10:04 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

JRyder27
    Participant
    September 26, 2013 at 7:00 pm #40133
    Is she Interested

Hello everyone,

I’m Jorge and I am new here. I was looking for a forum guidelines section but I couldn’t find one. So please forgive me if I’m doing something wrong. Also, I’m sorry in advance if I come off as a selfish asshole or dick. I wish I could contribute but I honestly don’t know anything about dating and relationships. I haven’t been on a date in like 4 years. I’m pretty desperate right now. I really need an answer or at least some guidance.

Anyway, I just need a seemingly simple question answered. I want to know if a particular woman is interested in me?

Now before we go further, I have looked at the dating advice for men section of this website and that of many others and I still cannot really tell. I know the hints about body language, eye contact, getting close etc. I explain later why I may still be having trouble determining interest.

So here is the deal. There is this woman in one my classes, I am college senior btw, and I’m getting the feeling she might be interested. Firstly, she looks at me a lot. I tend to look at everyone in my class because I like to be aware of surroundings and just be aware of whats going on in general and I catch her eyeing me quite a bit. Of course, there is a good chance she is merely looking in my direction. Secondly, just this week, she has started acknowledging me by name, which nobody does. In most of the years I have been in school, going on 7 now, only my friends and instructors every call me by name. Most of the time when someone wants my attention, its just hey guy, you, dude or simply hey. Third, she started setting right beside in class, to my left to be exact. She had always sat in the very back before and I don’t see any reason why she would suddenly want to move. Next, she has started a little bit of small talk, asking me questions like if people ever call George instead of Jorge. She also asked when crew call was, we have to work on a live broadcast to get credit for our class, which I think is an obvious question.

Anyway, I think that most people might say she is interested. However, there are some things that make me believe she isn’t. Firstly, I barely know her and vice versa. I actually haven’t even had in interest in her until know. That day when she asked about crew call, I saw her there of course and she barely acknowledged me. I think she said “see you later” when the show ended but it was so low I could barely make it out. Also, while she has been friendlier and sitting next to be me, she never really directly faces me. She keeps her body turned away a lot. Finally, I have had past experience were I think women have been in to me but it turned out they weren’t. In some cases it seemed really obvious they liked me but it just wasn’t the case. I can elaborate later if needed.

I know I sound OCD right now and I may actually be. The only reason this is really bugging me is because my mom and sister tell me that I’m oblivious to noticing women who are interested. They insist that I blow women off on a weekly basis. To add to this, I recently got a fortune from a fortune cookie that literally said “Your admirer is hidden right before your eyes.” I’m not the superstitious type but it still really got to me. My friends have also told me that I have missed out on relationships in the past. I do not know why they chose to tell me years later but apparently I have missed out on two women who were really into me.

Normally,this wouldn’t bother me because I have been trying to avoid relationships and dating to focus on school and work. Logically, I have no desire for a relationship right now. Obviously though as straight man in his mid twenties, to honestly say I wouldn’t enjoy the company of women right now would be just stupid.

I just want to know if I’m missing out on opportunities, especially with this woman.

Sorry for the long post. I just feel like I’m going crazy right now.