Is she interested enough for me to give it a try again?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments

• kasey008
    Participant
    August 13, 2016 at 7:51 am #108153

I know this girl who i am in college with, and have talked regularly. We talked about getting a beer together at some time, so i thought that was my chance to see her away from college
    At the start of the summer break, i asked if she was going out one night, and she said she wasn’t. I then said “Good, me neither. Then i don’t have to feel bad about us not getting that beer together”, she then replied “Why? I am looking forward to that beer”. Then i asked her out two days later, for a cup of coffee or something like that, just if she wanted to hang out. I asked if she was free thursday or sunday – She couldn’t that week because a situation had happened in her family. I thought it was just a bad excuse but something had happened. But i thought to myself that i was too direct and blew it.. I asked her out on a monday, then friday night next week, she asked if i was out. She didn’t reply till the next day but we both evaded the topic.
    Should i ask her if she want to grab that beer again?

MtnMan77
    Participant
    August 13, 2016 at 9:38 pm #108166

Yea, just say, “Hey, it would be fun to go out for a drink this week. Is there a night that works for you?”

Try that. If she gives you a day, your golden. If not, she wasn’t that into anyhow, but it seems like she is/was…

rsjay8828
    Participant
    August 14, 2016 at 2:16 am #108169

Hey man, If I may offer my word of advice. She knows you’re interested, maybe a little too interested. Go ‘no contact’ for a little while and it should help you get some perspective on the situation. Good luck.

kasey008
    Participant
    August 14, 2016 at 12:00 pm #108182

Thanks guys! Its been almost three weeks since i last texted her, so i will probably try to see if she is up for something, a drink or something like that. That will also be my last effort, i don’t want to make her feel bad for rejecting me more than once.
    I was already getting over it, after i asked her out, but then she asked me i was out one night and that just mindfucked me – i am normally confident about this stuff – if a girls says she is busy, its a goner – but then she asks me a week later if i am out tonight, that messes with my head a little. But i think that gives me room for another try.
    I appreciate it!

teopin
    Participant
    August 16, 2016 at 12:52 am #108324

Making her feel bad about rejecting you is actually the best thing in case of rejection cuz many girls are very unsure and tend to ask guys they “softly” rejected out again if they feel lonely for a few days. Its good to have some jokes and funny lines ready for a possible rejection, if you show anger, exaggeratedly sad or complain that you dont understand their reasons for reject, they never ask you out again, better say you understand their motives and then make some jokes about your flaws.
    It seems she is slightly interested in you, but maybe waiting for someone else to make a move.