Is she interested? Should I message her?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    August 8, 2017 at 11:12 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

MarcusWilson
    Participant
    June 9, 2017 at 11:24 pm #139121

I’m in 11th grade. I like a freshman girl. I used to see her looking at me in the hallways once or twice a week, so I asked her out. She says she has a bf. After this, for a week or two, we ignored each other, then I would see her always glancing / staring at me, playing w/ her hair as I walk by, trying to be near me. We haven’t talked since I asked her, but this has happened on almost a daily basis, literally like 7-8 times these last few days. I ignore it sometimes, and other times I look back and she looks quickly down.

School is over now. Just ended today. We don’t follow each other, but I know her Instagram, and I want to message her and tell her I still like her and I want to get to know her better. Idk if her bf is in the picture or not. He goes to another school and she never posts pictures w/ him or anything. I really like her and I think she has feelings for me too, I just am not sure how far they go.

So what are her feelings for me are and how should I approach her.

cherries
    Participant
    June 10, 2017 at 3:39 pm #139128

i think you should message her but don’t start with “hey, i like you and I’ve been into you all this time!”. start with a casual conversation, you know, test the waters before diving right in. try asking her to hang out casually or something. if youre getting more signals during ur conversations online or in person, try flirting back and see how she responds. if she flirts back, tell her your feelings.

MarcusWilson
    Participant
    June 10, 2017 at 11:52 pm #139132

@cherries

Thanks for the advice. I wanted to just DM her on Instagram and ask if we could talk and just tell her sometimes along the lines of this :

I wanted to tell you the last few days but I never seemed to get the chance. We see each other a lot but never really talked much. I still like you, and I don’t know how you feel in return, but I think it would be great to get to know each other better over the break.

What do you think? Hopefully I’d be able to get her number or snapchat afterwards. The problem is that I honestly don’t know how to introduce myself and make my intentions clear without being a creep or straight up asking her out again.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by  MarcusWilson.
    labradoodle14
    labradoodle14
    Participant
    June 11, 2017 at 3:22 am #139135

Look here sonny. You’re going about this all wrong. Even if this girl has a boyfriend, you’re just in highschool and it doesn’t matter. Hes a punk just like you and it won’t work between them. What you need to do is reinvent yourself. Do you have a job or a source of income? If you really want this specific girl, make your facebook profile or whatever it is and get some new cloths and take pictures doing cool things. Add some other cool people to your profile and talk to them a bit and try to make them laugh. Do this for about a week, then add her and just saying something like… word…facebook friends it is

Post some more cool stuff on your timeline, and then strike up a conversation with her that has nothing to do with hanging out or liking her. Just be like “hey, did you hear about that crazy fight at school between the two midgets?” Then improv and leave it at that. You can probably wait a day or two then ask her to chill. (get a car too)

Remove anything lame from your profile

jimmyshine
    Participant
    June 12, 2017 at 12:24 pm #139254

Yeah, don’t try and make it more difficult. It’s pretty simple really. I second what Labradoodle mentioned, post some things then hit her up to chat or hang out. Always just to hang out first, never a date. Take it slow.

ilikepancakes1337
    Participant
    June 15, 2017 at 3:45 pm #139600

just ask her out dude. only way to know if she likes you. and if she says no… there are enough other fish in the sea