Is She Interested? Should I Still Pursue Her?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 8:27 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

AngelThMan
    Participant
    February 27, 2014 at 11:29 pm #48566

I met a girl a few weeks ago. She’s a lot younger. We seemed to hit it off and added each other on Facebook. A few days later I sent her some info on an artistic project of mine. She responded and thanked me. A couple of days later I sent her a message saying that I enjoyed talking to her, and would like to have lunch. About a day later she said that would be great.

On valentine’s day I wished her a Happy Valentine’s day. She thanked me and said happy valentine’s as well.

A couple of days later, I asked her if she wanted to go to lunch that week.

A day later she responded that at her job they don’t really take lunch. She said she would be happy to meet during the weekend or for a cup of coffee before work.

I asked her out for the following Saturday, and she waited 4 days to respond and say she had plans Saturday, but could meet sometime after work. Do I have a chance?

sharklasers
    sharklasers
    Participant
    February 28, 2014 at 10:35 am #48574

Well, did you try to arrange to meet sometime after work?

AngelThMan
    Participant
    February 28, 2014 at 12:07 pm #48588

Not yet. I just got her last message yesterday. But I’m trying to decide if it sounds like it’s worth to pursue her.

secretagentman
    Participant
    February 28, 2014 at 3:24 pm #48603

As someone who tends to have blinders on and not trust my gut, I’m going to advise you based on my gut instinct. From what you said, I honestly get the feeling she may not be that interested. Or it’s an extremely casual thing for her. If a girl likes you she’ll be excited to hear from you and respond right away. Trust me, it won’t be a problem for her to make plans with you. If she keeps being noncommittal that should tell you something. Typically you’d want the girl to say something like, “I can’t really go to lunch during the week, but I’m free Saturday for coffee if you are!” I’m not definitely telling you to move on, but you should think about the energy you’re getting from this girl. She may be fun and attractive, but is she REALLY making an effort to see you?

JoeHanky
    Participant
    March 2, 2014 at 11:35 am #48662

She sounds like she doesn’t know what she wants. I’ve seen this a lot and it’s so frustrating! But unfortunately, you’re making the effort and she’s not. It’s up to you from here. Stop talking to her and maybe she’ll miss the attention and start seeking you out!

Takumi Usui
    Participant
    March 2, 2014 at 12:17 pm #48664

When starting out talking to a girl you should always push to at-least meet and hang out in a public environment. Talking to her constantly will only go so far.

TheBird52
    Participant
    March 3, 2014 at 2:33 pm #48684

I’m in the same boat. Smh

alex@NextRSHIP
    alex@NextRSHIP
    Participant
    March 3, 2014 at 4:46 pm #48721

She’s playing a game to see who is more interested and it’s working.

Women have a tendency to keep guys around as options. Perhaps she is seeing another person and weighing her options?

I would cut back on the reaching out and asking her out. Let her make an effort. If she doesn’t then you don’t need to waste your time and energy into someone isn’t interested.

-Alex

Anonymous
    March 4, 2014 at 1:11 am #48762

AngelThMan I have to agree with what alex@NextRSHIP he seems right, real woman say no if it’s a no, and yes if it’s a yes, a girl with other options always do that, she has a lot of maybe and change of plans.

Langly
    Participant
    March 7, 2014 at 4:28 am #48920
    Reply To: Is She Interested? Should I Still Pursue Her?

uggghhh, the whole whole “am i trying to hard, being to pushy, being to anooying” situation….If you think you really like her and you want to see if it can because something then go out their and give it 100% to make it work.

Dont be afraid of rejection…its bound to happen…but better sooner than later…

frank10504
    Participant
    March 8, 2014 at 1:32 pm #48969

Of course you have a chance, she is probably busy or doesn’t want to seem to enthusiastic.

Anonymous
    March 9, 2014 at 11:06 pm #48971

Keep trying but don’t be a creeper lol

ronicougarlez99
    Participant
    March 10, 2014 at 12:55 pm #48993

I think that she is interested. Maybe she’s nervous about lesbian dating.

azureorb
    Participant
    March 11, 2014 at 3:40 pm #49095

Your chances are small. At the point you last posted, it’s a timely situation to “put the ball in her court” with a message saying you don’t want to keep being pushy about meeting up, but it’d be really great (smile)… then as far as expectations are concerned, move on.

It’s a lot easier to do this when you “juggle” more than one dating prospect at once when it’s so early in the game. Don’t focus on one girl in one time-frame when you’re talking about girls who you haven’t even had a meetup/date with yet.

rdochuff
    Participant
    March 11, 2014 at 9:06 pm #49126

I would say you stand a chance, but from how it sounds, she is starting to get quite flaky on you ( never a good sign). I know from my few tries that her being flaky is where things either turn around, or usually, crumble.

1 2