Is she just being friendly?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 9:36 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

ThoughTeddyBear
    Participant
    September 7, 2015 at 2:07 am #85215

I met her at work and we see each other at least once every week. Many times she’s made me feel like she really likes me, but then she acts weird when I try getting closer, almost like she’s trying to hide her personal life from me. The first time she seemd to flirt was one day I walked by her and another girl, both obviously checking me out, she grabbed my bicep and asked if I had muscles then squeezed. I was seeing someone so I just joked and said my fat looked like muscle. Another time in the lunch room, before we knew each other, she singled me out as I was leaving to ask me if I could check a mechanical issue with her car, she seemed to just want to talk. One day i let her know I thought she was pretty in front of a co worker and he told her I was into her, she just smiled and kept talking. We agreed to eat lunch together one day but she acted like she forgot, then another day I hinted she owed me a lunch and she reponded, “you should buy me lunch I’m a broke college student,”

ThoughTeddyBear
    Participant
    September 7, 2015 at 3:40 am #85221

I told her I would and we agreed to get lunch together, again she just seemed to have “forgotten”. I’ve tried backing off but she seems to try and get closer, like when I feel bad she’ll rub my back and say I’ll be ok, playfully hit me when I tease her get really close when we greet each other kind off expecting a hug. She might think I have girlfriend, but she has never asked and she mentions having a boyfriend. Just out of conversation I asked her what she had planned for the weekend, she said nothing and ask, “why what are you doing?” I just told her I was going to study for a test. I’ve dated women way more physically attractive than her but never some so charismatic. Just to be clear, she Is very friendly with people of all ages and genders not just me and that makes me feel like she just likes me as her cute friend. Also we have similar career goals and has hinted she hopes we end up working for the same company together.

darbycrash
    Participant
    September 8, 2015 at 11:42 am #85220

It’s hard to make a read on these things sometimes. I can’t really put myself in the situation and see how she looks at you or the intonation in her voice when she talks to you. She could be interested. Then again, she may be flirting with you for the sake of it. Or she might just want you to do stuff for her, like fix her car and buy her lunch haha. If you’re interested in her and she is flirtatious with you, then it seems perfectly reasonable to me to be direct and just ask her out for a drink after work or even ask her out to dinner. If she rejects you, it sucks…but it’s probably far less annoying than continually analyzing every interaction you two have. And trust me from experience…it sucks even worse when you don’t make a move and then watch her get scooped up.

Hurt123
    Participant
    September 8, 2015 at 8:32 pm #85306

I believe she is trying to be nice/friendly..don’t read to much into it.