Is She Just Being Friendly? (More Complicated Than It Sounds!)

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 3:44 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

FudgeBrownie
    Participant
    November 20, 2014 at 2:33 pm #67827

Hi

I want to start by saying I had a traumatic marriage and am scared. I know not all women are the same but there seems to be a little voice in my head or an invisible hand that always pulls me back.

My paradox is beautiful women are my greatest desire and my greatest fear. I don’t know how to read the signs, I don’t even know if I’m getting the signs. There have been several occasions over the past few years when I looked into a girls eyes and she looked back and smiled. I tend not to act thinking they’re being friendly and am also wary because I’m in my early 40s even though I genuinely look 30 but I don’t want to come across as creepy.

About a month ago a young girl started working at my local GP. I didn’t notice her in ‘that’ way at first until it become apparent that she was going out of her way to assist me, she would get out of her chair, walk over and smile. Last week I told her she was beautiful as I was leaving, I think she said “So…” but as I turned around she was looking down.

CONTINUED below.

• This topic was modified 2 years, 11 months ago by  FudgeBrownie. Reason: edit

FudgeBrownie
    Participant
    November 20, 2014 at 2:34 pm #67828

I happen to be quite fabulous in the kitchen so I baked some pistachio fudge brownies and asked one of her colleagues to call her and gave them to her. She was smiling as her colleague well sort of gasped and said ‘awww’ but I can’t remember exactly what she said other she said “oh thank you”. I asked her name and then, for probably the second time it was as if she was waiting for me to say something but her colleague was there and I was getting uncomfortable so said goodbye and left.

It was similar today, I asked her if she liked the brownies she said they were nice. Then there was an awkward pause before I asked for my script and also an awkward pause as I looked into her eyes and said goodbye.

My eyes are not deceiving me, she is friendlier with me than with other patients but I don’t know if or what to do, other than keep baking and giving her gifts! I’m tempted to say “If I was ten years younger I would sweep you off your feet” to see how she reacts. I don’t know if there is something but regardless this is a hurdle I cannot seem to clear. I am more afraid of being hurt than being in love.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 11 months ago by  FudgeBrownie. Reason: edit

FudgeBrownie
    Participant
    November 21, 2014 at 8:57 am #67829

It was similar today, I asked her if she liked the brownies she said they were nice. Then there was an awkward pause before I asked for my script and also an awkward pause as I looked into her eyes and said goodbye.

My eyes are not deceiving me, she is friendlier with me than with other patients but I don’t know if or what to do, other than keep baking and giving her gifts! I’m tempted to say “If I was ten years younger I would sweep you off your feet” to see how she reacts. I don’t know if there is something but regardless this is a hurdle I cannot seem to clear. I am more afraid of being hurt than being in love.

Sorry couldn’t condense it!

FudgeBrownie
    Participant
    November 21, 2014 at 8:57 am #67830

JohnShaunson
    Participant
    November 23, 2014 at 8:07 am #67983

I wouldn’t go for the “Sweep you off your feet” comment, it is a little too intense. Just ask her out for coffee and see what she says. I also wouldn’t keep showering her with gifts, it’s predictable and possibly embarrassing if you are obviously favoring her with tons of stuff.