Is she playing hard-to-get or not that into me?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    August 8, 2017 at 3:33 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

HopelesslyHandsome
    Participant
    July 21, 2017 at 7:28 am #142853

I’ve seen this girl a couple of times and we have a lot in common, are just each other’s types and at similar places in our lives, but after a small cold texting spell I can’t gauge whether she’s lost interest or trying to make me chase her by playing hard-to-get. We usually texted about 2-3 times a day but it’s been a couple of days now without anything (I’m resisting texting her so as not to come across as desperate or needy!) so I’m asking for advice about how to play this one out. To give you an idea, this girl’s quite mysterious anyway, plus she’s very intelligent so I feel like she may know exactly what she’s doing. When we were last together nearly a week ago she told me (after I’d tried it on slightly after a kiss) that she would usually sleep with people straight away if she didn’t care about them but doesn’t sleep with people she likes, which she said should imply something to me. Maybe I’ve answered my own question but any advice on what to do next would really help! Thanks

HopelesslyHandsome
    Participant
    July 21, 2017 at 7:33 am #142854

In addition when we last met up we spoke about where we both were in our lives relationship-wise and both felt a bit apprehensive about entering new relationships for various reasons, and agreed anything between us should be casual for the time being, especially with us not wanting to upset the dynamic of our mutual friendship group too fast too soon, so we’re keeping any contact between us a secret. If it is “casual” then what does this mean from a communication and meeting up point of view, with regard to frequency? I don’t want to scare her by wanting to see her to often, then again I don’t want things to go stale, soapy advice on what to do next would be extremely helpful!

marvelmomma12
    Participant
    July 21, 2017 at 8:16 am #142855

It definitely sounds like she cares about you, I was actually in a similar situation before. Is there a chance that there may be something deeper going on in her personal life? Family issues, for instance? It does sound like she is playing hard to get, yet you both discussed things face-to-face which leads me to believe that she is into you but is just not ready to jump into anything headfirst. The best advice I could give you is to communicate about everything and strengthen the friendship and see where it goes from there. Best of luck!