Is she serious or casual?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 6:35 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

thisismyusername
    Participant
    January 23, 2013 at 2:37 am #20996

I met this girl through my friends and already had 5 dates besides happening to meet couple times at the local bar/party.

Now the thing is we meet like once or twice a week and usually she invites me to her place, watch some tv and we make out too.

I have no doubt she likes me and wants me intimately while I have kinda slowed it down and haven’t initiated sex yet. She tends to be little formal(or may be it is me) unless after making out when she would hold me etc.
    She would never text me, but always replies to my text messages these 1.5 months we’ve been dating. So I text her mostly for dates and not for daily small-talks.

I like her and I am more prone to a real relationship but I haven’t discussed it with her yet. She seems to like to avoid discussions that are personal.

So the issue is clear. She isn’t a needy girl and hasn’t shown any vulnerability towards a relation. Is it too early to expect her to show what she wants? Or do I really need to know what is she looking for. I do not want her to think I am needy. Or is she thinking that I am not reaching out to her enough? Any suggestions are welcome.

hundtington
    hundtington
    Participant
    January 23, 2013 at 10:55 am #21013

Good to hear you haven’t gone the sex-route…yet. It’s good you’re trying to figure her out.

1. Women like being chased, so don’t feel so confused, they like feeling wanted. Hence why she isn’t initiating texts…it’s dumb i know.
    2. Yea, ask her what the deal is. She might have had a bad relationship before you and is trying to take things slow, idk, but even if she DOES want to go slow, it’d be nice to know right? Then, you don’t have to walk on eggshells.

If you do have a convo with her, be sensitive, you don’t know how she’ll react. I think the best time to ask is when you’re away from an intimate room. Don’t ask her after you’ve made out or cuddled it up, she in a vulnerable situation so go o a setting where it’s neutral. When you’re out for lunch, ask her politely, smile and listen. Easier said than done but hope you guys stay on the same page…