Is she Shy? Uninterested? Difficult to get a read, ladies please help

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 10:31 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Allday89
    Participant
    January 4, 2016 at 9:29 pm #90976

Recently as in about two 1/2 months ago I reached out to an old friend, we went to hs together and share mutual friends even to this day. When I met her in high school, I immediately decided that I liked her and we eventually would text and talk, got to the point that we were talking on the phone every single night, all night. But due to shyness we never made anything official, we talked about how much we liked eachother and talked about sex sometimes too. But I think we were both kind of scared of eachother somehow, her friends would constantly try and hook us up but she is the type that needs to be led 100% necause she is super shy and I couldnt get over my shy ways either, eventually leading to me stop talking to her. Not because I didnt like her but because I let the fear of an actual girlfriend scare me away, I liked her very much but didnt want to hurt her, as I was young and didnt know how to be there for a girl yet. Needless to say it has always lived in my mind as a

Allday89
    Participant
    January 4, 2016 at 9:42 pm #90977

huge regret. We are both 26 years old now. And as I stated, I recently reached out to her two n half months ago. I had seen her several times over the years, partied together a couple times, running into eachother randomly over the course of time. I havent had social media until roughly a year ago so I had been oit of the loop with people from my past. I was in a relationship for 6 years and about 6 months ago that ended. She had been in a long relationship too that started a couple years before mine but ended about year ago. I would always keep tabs on her by asking her friends how shes doing and that I wish her well, she would do the same. She has a two year old daughter now and obvioisly we are older so things are different. We text regularly now (pretty much daily) and I am developing strong feelings for her and definitely would want a relationship with her and her daughter. We have hung out several times over the past couple months, sometimes setup by me sometimes by her

Allday89
    Participant
    January 5, 2016 at 8:57 am #90978

sometimes with her roommate (also an old friend). Sometimes just us. Went to the movies and out for drinks a couple times, making out occasionally too. I know that there is something between us, there always kind of has been. We just havent been single at the same time in about 8 years. We are both very single now and I dont want to let her get away again. But she has every right to be stand-offish with me as I kind of ran from us once before. She is notoriously shy and self-conscious, so even when she may be into something its hard to get a clear read on her. Or has it been too long and is she just not interested and just being nice. I have no idea, but I just want her to know im around for all the right reasons and that im not a 16 year old anymore. Any comments, advice, similarities, please im ready to listen. Im just at a crossroads I dont want to keep trying if there is nothing there but I know she is shy so this process may be longer than I would like. Worth the wait tho. Ideas?

Allday89
    Participant
    January 5, 2016 at 8:57 am #90979

sometimes with her roommate (also an old friend). Sometimes just us. Went to the movies and out for drinks a couple times, making out occasionally too. I know that there is something between us, there always kind of has been. We just havent been single at the same time in about 8 years. We are both very single now and I dont want to let her get away again. But she has every right to be stand-offish with me as I kind of ran from us once before. She is notoriously shy and self-conscious, so even when she may be into something its hard to get a clear read on her. Or has it been too long and is she just not interested and just being nice. I have no idea, but I just want her to know im around for all the right reasons and that im not a 16 year old anymore. Any comments, advice, similarities, please im ready to listen. Im just at a crossroads I dont want to keep trying if there is nothing there but I know she is shy so this process may be longer than I would like. Worth the wait tho.

Allday89
    Participant
    January 5, 2016 at 8:57 am #90980

sometimes with her roommate (also an old friend). Sometimes just us. Went to the movies and out for drinks a couple times, making out occasionally too. I know that there is something between us, there always kind of has been. We just havent been single at the same time in about 8 years. We are both very single now and I dont want to let her get away again. But she has every right to be stand-offish with me as I kind of ran from us once before. She is notoriously shy and self-conscious, so even when she may be into something its hard to get a clear read on her. Or has it been too long and is she just not interested and just being nice. I have no idea, but I just want her to know im around for all the right reasons and that im not a 16 year old anymore. Any comments, advice, similarities, please im ready to listen……

Allday89
    Participant
    January 5, 2016 at 8:57 am #90983

sometimes with her roommate (also an old friend). Sometimes just us. Went to the movies and out for drinks a couple times, making out occasionally too. I know that there is something between us, there always kind of has been. We just havent been single at the same time in about 8 years. We are both very single now and I dont want to let her get away again. But she has every right to be stand-offish with me as I kind of ran from us once before. She is notoriously shy and self-conscious, so even when she may be into something its hard to get a clear read on her. Or has it been too long and is she just not interested and just being nice. I have no idea, but I just want her to know im around for all the right reasons and that im not a 16 year old anymore. Any comments, advice, similarities, please im ready to listen……

huge regret. We are both 26 years old now. And as I stated, I recently reached out to her two n half months ago. I had seen her several times over the years, partied together a couple times, running into eachother randomly over the course of time. I havent had social media until roughly a year ago so I had been oit of the loop with people from my past. I was in a relationship for 6 years and about 6 months ago that ended. She had been in a long relationship too that started a couple years before mine but ended about year ago. I would always keep tabs on her by asking her friends how shes doing and that I wish her well, she would do the same. She has a two year old daughter now and obvioisly we are older so things are different. We text regularly now (pretty much daily) and I am developing strong feelings for her and definitely would want a relationship with her and her daughter. We have hung out several times over the past couple months, sometimes setup by me sometimes by her

Allday89
    Participant
    January 5, 2016 at 8:57 am #90985

Went to the movies and out for drinks a couple times, making out occasionally too. I know that there is something between us, there always kind of has been. We just havent been single at the same time in about 8 years. We are both very single now and I dont want to let her get away again. But she has every right to be stand-offish with me as I kind of ran from us once before. She is notoriously shy and self-conscious, so even when she may be into something its hard to get a clear read on her. Or has it been too long and is she just not interested and just being nice. I have no idea, but I just want her to know im around for all the right reasons and that im not a 16 year old anymore. Any comments, advice, similarities, please im ready to listen……