Is she to young?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Is she to young?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    November 11, 2017 at 11:38 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

harsh64
    Participant
    July 16, 2017 at 11:07 pm #142294
    Is she to young?

I know the saying age is just a number… but it just doesn’t feel right.

So I met this girl and we really hit it off. She’s awesome. But after talking a while I found out she’s 19. (I’m about to turn 25). We’ve texted/Snapchat/etc daily for almost 2 weeks and she’s really cool. And I kinda feel she has the same feeling a towards me (no expert in dating so I may be way off). I know your all going to say that age doesn’t matter in happiness, but it still just don’t feel right dating someone that much younger. I’m kinda at a loss of what to do.

bmartin655
    Participant
    July 17, 2017 at 12:32 am #142296

I know lots of people who date people that are a lot younger than them. My best friend is 19 and is about to get married to his fiancé who is 27 and they are very happy together. My uncle is married to a woman that is 20 years older than him and they’ve been happily married 20+ years. If it feels right and you really like her and she feels the same way then keep talking to her just as long as she’s at least 18.

evn95
    Participant
    July 17, 2017 at 1:54 pm #142353

That’s not a huge age difference at all, if you’re both hitting it off now just see how things go!

harsh64
    Participant
    July 17, 2017 at 9:11 pm #142417

Thank you both. I guess maybe I’m just nervous and was looking for an excuse. Dating is not my strong point and I’ve only been in one serious relationship. I usually talk myself out of asking any girl I like out.

Thanks

paulks2017
    Participant
    July 19, 2017 at 8:15 am #142582

It’s not always about how old they are. It’s how they act or behave, are they mature for a 19 year old? But all in all, if you like her, get on well and she feels the same about you then the age gap is irrelevant. I honestly believe 19 and 24(nearly25) is not that much of a gap. Do you feel people are judging you because youre dating someone younger?

HopelesslyHandsome
    Participant
    July 21, 2017 at 6:27 am #142852

The short answer is no, she’s not too young. The long answer is: I guess it depends how mature she is, like if she’s quite an old 19 then it really is just a number. However if she behaves a bit childish or acts too young for your liking and you just feel like you’re different people because of the age difference then it might not be such a good idea. You weigh up the situation and make a decision for yourself, your life at the end of the day bro.

marvelmomma12
    Participant
    July 21, 2017 at 8:19 am #142856

That’s hardly even an age gap! If you guys are hitting it off, then go with it! It would be one thing if she was 17 or younger, but she is an adult woman of age, so there is absolutely nothing wrong with it as long as it is consensual both ways. Good luck! 🙂

Mazakian
    Participant
    July 22, 2017 at 3:02 am #142934

Nope. My fiance and I have been together since I turned 18 and he was 28 and we been going strong for 5 years now. It seems to me you guys are getting along pretty well so I couldn’t see a problem between you two but it also depends on her maturity level and how you think she would act in your guys relationship.

Anonymous
    July 22, 2017 at 8:30 pm #142949

No. If she was 20yrs old or about to turn 20 I bet you would look at it differently. Feel free to wait until she turns 20 before doing anything serious. Feel free to ask her what she thinks of the age gap between you two, that should help to remove any thoughts of guilt or just carry on in focusing on the positives in your communication. At the end of the day she can make for a very great and close friend.

Anonymous
    July 22, 2017 at 8:34 pm #142950
    Reply To: Is she to young?

No. If she was 20yrs old or about to turn 20 I bet you would look at it differently. Feel free to wait until she turns 20 before doing anything serious. Feel free to ask her what she thinks of the age gap between you two….At the end of the day remember she can still make for a very great and close friend.

Anon33
    Participant
    July 24, 2017 at 11:42 am #142992

I don’t think that’s too big of an age difference at all. It really boils down to maturity level and compatibility anyways. If you click, then go for it!

RustedUp
    Participant
    July 24, 2017 at 8:49 pm #143040

That’s not a big age gap. Get to know her better as a person than make your mind up. If you still feel that way and it is having effect on your happiness then you got your answer.

ConfusedLad
    Participant
    July 28, 2017 at 9:45 am #143495

Go for it! im in a similar situation right now. but i have a choice between a younger girl and a girl my age. im currently battling myself on what to do. I thought i should go with the older woman but im realizing how invested in the younger one i feel. We are in very different places in life but she makes me feel happy and comfortable. Ive just got to find a way to get a second chance now……

UncleF
    Participant
    July 29, 2017 at 8:43 am #143554

What is your endgame? Do you genuinely feel a connection or is this young lady a conquest? If you are not ready for something serious, don’t be the guy that ruins things for the next person. If she does not want anything serious, leave her be. If you both were closer in age, you would have that luxury to explore, but 25, you need to focus in on your life so when you do make a choice, you will have something to offer and hopefully, the lady you choose to invest your time with will have something to offer too.

stupidusername
    stupidusername
    Participant
    July 29, 2017 at 2:38 pm #143557

You both are adults and you both are consenting, right? See how it goes.

1 2