Is she too needy, or am I too distant?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    November 11, 2017 at 10:13 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

BlunderBuss
    Participant
    December 4, 2016 at 9:17 pm #119005

So I met this girl, and she’s really nice and funny and smart, but as soon as I met her she’s been acting much needier than what I’m used too. We had long texting conversations that’s she started a couple days in a row, immediately after meeting her, and then she’s called me a couple times, not to schedule a date or anything, just because she felt like it, and only sometimes texts me first to make sure she’s not calling at a bad time. And at that point we hadn’t gone out yet. Then she sends me a text asking how serious I am about starting a relationship, and I tell her that I want a relationship, but I don’t want to rush into anything. Then I ask her out, we go on a date, and it goes really well. She texts me after saying she had a good time, and I said I did too. That was 2 days ago. I thought I’d give her space yesterday so I didn’t say anything, then today I get a text saying that she assumes we’re done since she hasn’t heard from me. Does she seem super needy, or is it just me?

BlunderBuss
    Participant
    December 5, 2016 at 1:07 am #119013

To be clear, I would’ve texted her if she hadn’t texted me. She just beat me to it. I guess I’m just not used to girls being so aggressive. And what worries me is how upset she got when she didn’t hear from me for 24 hours. Like, it was over because I didn’t text her one day out of the week. Doesn’t that seem a little irrational?

aoe67
    Participant
    December 5, 2016 at 12:27 pm #119105

Well, im usually on the more active side (im a guy) but to be honest she might be a little problematic if that was her reaction after 24 hours…I mean, I probably would have texted “what up” or even – “why didnt I here from you yesterday”…But to assume its over seems a little extreme. Maybe try to see how it goes in the next few days and then decide.

SSJ4
    Participant
    December 6, 2016 at 12:13 am #119183

Do what you feel is right