Is she trying to hide her bf and showing possible interest in me?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments

• luck_12
    Participant
    March 12, 2017 at 2:13 pm #129855

-little about us: we are grad school classmates
    -I was interested in my apartment neighbor but she had a bf
    -I ended up getting a cool part time job and this girl saw me working, came over, started small talking with me. My coworker saw the whole thing and said she was definitely being a little flirty with you.
    -One day I’m out getting lunch and run into her and who I am pretty sure is her bf. She doesn’t introduce him at all and I have to small talk him to get her to introduce him. When she does she says “This is (name)” not “This is my bf (name)”
    -About a week later I run into her in the hallway and we have a nice long conversation, and I try some innocent harmless flirting in the process
    -A week after, I get an email from her asking me for some homework help and leaves her number
    -we meet at her apartment, and in between study sessions she mentions wanting to move to LA (I’m from, she’s from NY, our school’s in New England)

much more detail available, but character limit reached

Always_the_Nice_Guy
    Participant
    March 12, 2017 at 10:22 pm #129863

Sounds like she is interested. Be careful not to get into the routine of “Back-up quarterback”. I have three great friends who are women and they always talk about being unhappy in their relationships. I feel like I’m Tony Romo right now just sitting on the bench.

ThePianist
    Participant
    March 13, 2017 at 7:26 am #129877

She is definitely interested. But watch out! Maybe she’s just trying to have some little sexual fun with you, but nothing more.
    Proceed if you can handle the risk & emotional suppression.

lilianlag8888
    lilianlag8888
    Participant
    March 14, 2017 at 3:54 pm #130060

some times some mens are like that, so just be calm

luck_12
    Participant
    March 14, 2017 at 6:03 pm #130087

Thanks all for your comments!

Some more details:
    -part time job: I worked at an ice rink, she asked me to teach her how to skate, ended up coming with some mutual classmates
    -she’s been dating this guy for at least 5.5 years (whether on and off, I don’t know)
    -to be clear: I am from LA, she is from NY, our school’s in New England, she says she’d consider moving to California
    -flirting: she complained she couldn’t skate, I told her she looked cute (best neg ever lol)
    -email: she took the time to look for my email and message me asking for hwk help. I am obviously on her mind