Is the BFF of a woman that I dated 3 times off limits?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 10:46 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

confused954
    Participant
    August 9, 2016 at 8:58 am #107807

My Main question: Is the BFF of a woman that i dated 3 times off limits and if so is she permanently off limits, or will that eventually change?.

Secondary question: How should I proceed at this time?

I met a lady through a dating website and dated her 3 times over a 2 month period. I didn’t feel any strong chemistry after the first date, but she seemed like a nice lady and so I decided to give it a little more time.

On the second date I met her best friend and I felt an instant chemistry with her. After the third date I decidedd it wasn’t going to work and said that I would like to remain friends. She seemed OK with that. A few weeks later I was at a bar and the best friend was there and we became very friendly and I thought she liked me.

However my original date found out about it and was VERY upset and said that I needed to learn the rules of dating. That a woman would NEVER date a man that her best friend had dated.

So my questions — Is this a rule of dating and if so is the best friend off limits for ever? Second question – what should I do now?

Thanks in advance for the advice.

• This topic was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by  confused954.