Is the BFF of a woman that I dated 3 times off limits?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments

• confused954
    Participant
    August 9, 2016 at 8:58 am #107807

My Main question: Is the BFF of a woman that i dated 3 times off limits and if so is she permanently off limits, or will that eventually change?.

Secondary question: How should I proceed at this time?

I met a lady through a dating website and dated her 3 times over a 2 month period. I didn’t feel any strong chemistry after the first date, but she seemed like a nice lady and so I decided to give it a little more time.

On the second date I met her best friend and I felt an instant chemistry with her. After the third date I decidedd it wasn’t going to work and said that I would like to remain friends. She seemed OK with that. A few weeks later I was at a bar and the best friend was there and we became very friendly and I thought she liked me.

However my original date found out about it and was VERY upset and said that I needed to learn the rules of dating. That a woman would NEVER date a man that her best friend had dated.

So my questions — Is this a rule of dating and if so is the best friend off limits for ever? Second question – what should I do now?

Thanks in advance for the advice.

• This topic was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by  confused954.