Is there a chance my ex will regret leaving or are things over for good?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 8:43 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

karen18
    Participant
    February 5, 2016 at 4:28 pm #93042

My ex and I dated for 2.5 years. he said I was the love of his life and we were meant for each other and we would get married. then he cheated & lied about it & broke up with me. He said he still loved me & that we would get back together eventually. He hooked up with another girl a week later. this was 9 months ago. I was clingy and he got annoyed, but we stayed in touch and hung out 11 times after the break up. each time was the same as when we were dating (kissed, cuddled, hugged, flirted). the last time we saw each other was 2 weeks ago. now he says he is done w/ me for good. he said he was just using me & has no feelings. he said he doesn’t want me in his life & he moved on & I should do the same. he said he has a thing w/ a new girl and has been cheating on her with me for the past 6 months. is there any way he may regret his decision in the future and come back? he used to be a great, caring guy, but it seems he has changed and I am carrying around false hope. what do you think?

Cupcake Whisperer
    Participant
    February 8, 2016 at 5:57 pm #93193

Hi Karen,

The best thing that you can do is to find another guy to date, even if you are not really interested in him. Why, you may ask?
    You need someone to be nice to you. You need to see that there are good decent men out there. You need to increase your self-confidence and feel good about yourself. You need to regain hope and optimism about your romantic future.

Women who feel good about themselves and are confident do not let men treat them the way that your ex-boyfriend did.
    He did you a HUGE favor, whether you realize it or not, by breaking up with you.

There are millions of decent men out there who want a serious relationship. Don’t waste your time on someone who has treated you badly
    and does not value you! You are worth so much more, and deserve someone that will adore you and treat you with respect.