Is there a way to come back from being too sexual too soon?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 12:38 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Nopenopenope
    Participant
    February 9, 2015 at 5:50 am #72872

I’ve recently been dating this girl. She’s the first girl that I’ve dated in a long time who I actually like and would like more than just a first date with. However, our second date she stayed at my place and things got a little physical. We didn’t actually have sex but there was a lot of foreplay. Also, I told her that I liked to be dominant and pinned her down a little, which she seemed to like at the time.
    She then went quiet on me for about 8 days. I sent her two messages during this time, one to arrange our next date and then a few days later, I said “I thought things were going well, what happened?”
    She sent back this:

Nopenopenope
    Participant
    February 9, 2015 at 5:51 am #72873

“Hey…sorry for delayed response, I guess I just found it too much, maybe I’m not as ok as I thought, and I think, although nothing happened, staying the night was a mistake. It was just too much and I felt like a sex etc was expected of me ( I realise you weren’t expecting that that night and you did respect my wish not to so Thankyou) and things like oral sex/domination etc I would want to learn to like with somebody I have built up trust with and I don’t want to feel pressured into things like that. Domination especially I feel requires a foundation of trust I don’t enjoy being pinned down/restrained by somebody I’m just getting to know. I thought I might as well be frank and honest as you seem awesome and deserve a response! aside from the sex side of things I got on with you very well and enjoyed your company Thankyou for a good evening and you’re welcome to the bottle of Jack” (she left a bottle of Jack Daniels at my place)

Nopenopenope
    Participant
    February 9, 2015 at 8:54 am #72875

I respond with quite a lengthy and honest response saying that I didn’t mean to push things too far, too soon but I was a bit nervous and my ex was into that kind of thing and I foolishly assumed this new girl would be. That in reality I just wanted to be a bit affectionate and get to know her better. In response, she said this:

“Aw that was a really nice message Thankyou, glad I said it’s obviously a case of crosses wires. Sorry it took me a while I wasn’t sure how to word it. And it’s never fair just to leave somebody wondering what the fuck happened. Please don’t feel terrible or suchlike, I didn’t feel unsafe. I think the ole all girls catholic school did it’s job…I’m not very good at going from 0-60 with having sex, I take a while. And I had on the whole a brilliant time, you have an awesome sense of humour. Haha that damned cold sore, which I’m not convinced is such…I hope not. Not I can see the difficulty, you couldn’t win either way really tricky! Haha yes ironic well…

Nopenopenope
    Participant
    February 9, 2015 at 8:54 am #72874

I respond with quite a lengthy and honest response saying that I didn’t mean to push things too far, too soon but I was a bit nervous and my ex was into that kind of thing and I foolishly assumed this new girl would be. That in reality I just wanted to be a bit affectionate and get to know her better. In response, she said this: