Is there any potential here? Seeing her again after a few months

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 7:28 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

coldpillow
    Participant
    July 14, 2015 at 10:22 am #82771

Hi.

So I connected with this girl on a dating site (we have a few mutual friends). We messaged for a while and went out for drinks. We were together for almost 3 hours, and the date went pretty well–it wasn’t amazing or anything, but I’ve been on a bunch, and this one was good.

I texted her the next day saying that I’d like to do it again, and she agreed but said she’d be out of town for a week. She mentioned when she’d be back, though. After she returned, I texted her, and she mentioned “sure, what do you want to do?” Afterwards, she dropped off for a bit (I’ve noticed sometime she just doesn’t respond–this happened before we went out too). I then messaged her saying I really had fun, etc., and she said sorry that she was late in responding and asked to set something up. I then had to go out of town for an emergency, and when I returned, she agreed to a date and time and place. I texted her a few hrs before and she said “I’m sorry but something urgent came up, can you do lunch

coldpillow
    Participant
    July 14, 2015 at 10:23 am #82772

tomorrow?” I ended up backing out b/c I felt a bit taken for granted, and then I messaged her again the following week, and she didn’t respond at all. She seemed interested b/c if she didn’t want to go out at all, she wouldn’t have asked for lunch, I think (and she seemed like she genuinely forgot and had something come up…).

She was in my city for a few months for an internship, and this last message was sent when she had two weeks left before she went back home (8hrs away by car). So, it’s very possible it just didn’t make sense for her as she thought there wasn’t long-term potential (and she isn’t a short-term person).

All this happened 3 months ago.

I’m going to be in her hometown next weekend, so I messaged her asking if she would be free for lunch or dinner.

She responded saying she would like to have dinner with me.

coldpillow
    Participant
    July 15, 2015 at 8:30 am #82773

Do you think I have a chance with her? Does she also like me? I don’t feel like she would be obligated to have dinner with me as we have only met once. And I gave her the option of lunch or dinner and she chose dinner (lunch would be lighter and quicker). Do you have any ideas on what I should do? I’d like to make this work. She’s only a 2hr flight away, and if it worked out, I’d do the traveling…

Id have to tell her I like her this time to see her again right? Bc the only way I would see her again is if I drove or flew to meet her… How should I approach this?

Thanks!

Pamelicious
    Participant
    July 15, 2015 at 8:30 am #82796

I don’t think there is nothing wrong in seeing her again and I tell you, if a girl is not interested, she wouldn’t respond at all. You should give it a shot dude.