Is there ever hope for reconnecting (after just a few dates)

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 12:10 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

SickofThis
    Participant
    March 9, 2017 at 8:48 pm #129685

Several months ago I went out with this guy I met online. I was crazy about him. We never got farther than kissing, but at the end of the 4th date we were making out and he seemed excited to see me again. Then, the 5th date felt a little awkward and at the end he told me he wasn’t interested in continuing to see me. I asked him why but he didn’t give a reason.

I tried to be cool but I still think about him constantly. He was back on the dating site a little less than a month later and still is there. I really want to reach out and see if he would go out again, but others have told me absolutely not to. I’ve heard plenty of stories of exes getting back together, and I’ve also heard of people going out once or just talking online and picking it up again much later. But 5 dates seems like an unfortunate middle ground where we didn’t have a real relationship but there’s no chance of picking it up again.

Any hope for me or would I be stupid to try?

richiro
    richiro
    Participant
    March 10, 2017 at 2:48 pm #129791

yeah don’t. a guy that breaks up with you that you chase after again – not good. that’s a recipe to be used.
    my guess is he met and decided to see somebody else – dnd’t work out after a month. so he’s looking again.

chances that he will pass you for another again is high unless HE reaches back out to you first (which means YOU came to mind to him when he was free again).

Still.. he left once. good chance he’ll leve again.

bt there’s hope. just not a high % of hope.

maryb
    Participant
    March 10, 2017 at 3:43 pm #129804

I don’t believe theirs hope to reconnect. You guys already went on a good amount of dates to see okay should we take it further or should we fall off. He made his answer quick. The fact he broke it off like that shows that he’s just not that interested in you.as women we have to come to a point to get the direct hints that guys put out their. They could really not be interested and we would look past it and just think about the good times we had with them. Continue dating and meeting other people and just get your head space right. you will get over him in due time. I’m pretty sure a beautiful nice caring woman. I wish the best.

Sara120284
    Participant
    March 27, 2017 at 11:12 pm #131314

I totally understand how hard it is to move on after you think you met someone great, but I really think there is someone better for you out there if he told you he wasn’t interested in continuing things. It never hurts to make the move to ask him out again, but you just have to mentally prepare yourself If the answer isn’t what you want.