Is there hope in this relationship?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 8:51 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

frankies1986
    Participant
    March 15, 2015 at 7:18 pm #75402

In short, I’m 28 & last summer I met a woman who I really adored and fell for immediately. We went out for a bit but she went back with an ex. That didn’t work out for too long and we soon became friends again and became friends.

We’ve grown closer in recent months and I felt like I was making progress with her when the other night we were supposed to hang out. Well, she showed up drunk and completely threw herself at me. She told me all this stuff about how she loved me because I was always there for her and always said and did the right thing. She said she wanted to marry me and what not.

I didn’t take advantage of her knowing that could hurt me in the long run nor did I express how deep my feelings; However, she claimed she loved me and knew I loved her too which was hard to deny.

A day later, she immediately told me what she was seeing other people and thinks we shouldn’t talk to each other for at least another men.

Is there anything I can do at this point?

frankies1986
    Participant
    March 15, 2015 at 7:20 pm #75403

we shouldn’t talk to each other for at least another men.

Sorry, I meant another month here not another men.

TheTodd28
    Participant
    March 15, 2015 at 9:16 pm #75404

If I’m being honest here, and I think that’s what you want…she seems really flaky to me. She seems like the type to wanna just keep you on the edge of your seat and mess with your mind. Been there, dealt with the crappy feelings. Ask yourself this question: Do I really want to be with someone who doesn’t want to be with me as bad as I want to be with them? I’m all for second chances, but not 3 in this case. Never marry anyone without dating them through all four seasons – best advice I’ve ever gotten.

frankies1986
    Participant
    March 16, 2015 at 8:39 am #75405

Thanks for the reply, Todd. I forgot to mention that I was in a relationship for about 6 months with a different woman. I broke it off with the other woman about a week before this incident happened so at the time, girl was under the impression that I was still with her. I eventually told her I broke it off but I think this drunken incident really embarrassed her. I know she has complex feelings for me as she has outright admitted it but I don’t want that one incident to ruin this whole thing. I truly love this woman.