Is there something here or not?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 5:09 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

exff22
    Participant
    February 23, 2017 at 12:42 pm #127992

I’m a volunteer at a local charity and one time worked with a very attractive and really nice girl. She talked to me the entire time we were there. I didn’t see her again for months but then worked with her again a few weeks ago. She talked and talked to me….put her hand on my shoulder once. Told me about her parent passing a month earlier. The next day I got a sympathy card and dropped it off at the office and asked them to get it to her. A few weeks passed and then this week when I was volunteering, the normal girl I work with got a phone call and says “Oh it’s for you.” It was her. She had just received the card and had searched for my phone number and couldn’t find it. We texted some that evening. Last night I texted her and we chatted for 90 minutes. Can’t decide if she’s just being friendly or is interested. There was no flirting in the text, just chatting. Thoughts? We’re both over 40 if it matters. She did tell me there’s a movie out she wants to go see.

exff22
    Participant
    February 23, 2017 at 12:48 pm #127999

One other thought…I’m debating on texting her today or just letting a day go by without. Maybe see if she texts me first.

Dearblock25
    Participant
    February 24, 2017 at 5:24 pm #128291

If she suggests an activity, she is hinting at you. Ask her iff you want to see the movie together and possibly get something to eat before or after the movie. Whenever I ask a girl to something, I specifically say “as in a date”, that way I am clear to her and she knows this as well. It is a bit direct, but it takes away and misunderstandings of a date vs a friendly get-together.

exff22
    Participant
    February 27, 2017 at 9:01 am #128304

I haven’t talked to her since Wednesday. I decided she really didn’t show any romantic interest and if she is interested in me she’ll text me. At least a “Hi how’s it going.” So far nothing. It’s fine. Since we work together some times I don’t want to make things awkward.

exff22
    Participant
    February 27, 2017 at 9:01 am #128305

I tried replying to this but I don’t see it. Sorry if it’s a duplicate.

Not sure I’d say she “suggested” it. She just said “I want to go see <movie>. I think it’d be hilarious.” I haven’t texted her again. I just didn’t get the vibe she was really interested in anything more than friends. I have plenty of friends. I need a s/o. If she’s really interested she’ll make contact again. No hard feelings. She’s a nice lady.

Next.