Is there still a chance?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Is there still a chance?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 9:22 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

And1S
    Participant
    June 14, 2014 at 4:27 pm #55359
    Is there still a chance?

So, the cliff notes version. I met this girl on a dating website about a month ago. After exchanging messages for a couple weeks I asked her out for our first date, 2 weeks ago. It went well enough for us to get together again the following weekend (last Saturday), I thought the 2nd date went amazingly for both of us.
    She has been out of town since Sunday for a work related conference. I sent her a text on Monday asking how things were going, and I didn’t hear anything for a few days so I tried another casual text on Thurs and still nothing. At this point the last thing I received from her was a “thanks :)” the night of our 2nd date when I wished her good luck on her trip.

This has been one of my strongest attractions to any girl I have ever been on a date with. So I’m really hoping that it’s not over, but the evidence isn’t looking good. Am I over thinking this? Is there still a chance she gets back to me when she gets back in town?

Thanks

And1S
    Participant
    June 14, 2014 at 4:33 pm #55360

As a quick follow up. Some friends have suggested I try calling her when she gets back in town if I still have not heard from her. My thinking though is if she has not responded after the two texts I sent her during the week then calling as well just seems desperate and somewhat creepy. Any thoughts on this?

Anonymous
    June 15, 2014 at 12:37 am #55370

hey! Listen…you never know what has happened on the other side. She may have left her battery charger at home, so her phone isn’t working, she could have broken it, she could have found out she lost a family member and just doesn’t feel like talking….I mean, you just never know! Technology can be such a mess sometimes and so many people form opinions from it that are entirely inaccurate…and sometimes accurate….you just never know! Maybe contact her through the dating site you met on after she gets back. Send her a message saying you would love to take her to dinner at this amazing restaurant, however you sent her some text messages that she didn’t respond to. You wanted to make 1 last attempt in case something went haywire with her phone. You will not contact her anymore after this, so if she is interested, let you know, if not…then good luck! hope this helps!

Jarod Oner
    Jarod Oner
    Participant
    June 18, 2014 at 8:44 am #55447

When they’re gone working or on vacation, don’t trip. This chick is obviously busy out there working.

While you’re texting her, GIVE VALUE, by NOT asking questions or trying to get a convo out of her. Simply send random but fun texts to ADD to the interaction (which will be one sided) YOU giving her things to smile about.

Whenever I’m talking to a girl that’s on vacation or out of town for work, I send two types of texts…

Statement texts.

and…

Moments texts.

A statement text is something like, “I love potato tacos!”

Now a Moment text is something that’s happening to you in that moment like, “Dammit, I go to pet my cat and the lil bastard scratched me good. OUCH!”

Don’t think too much about it… wait until she’s home and then hit her up.

One last thing… don’t wait weeks to get girls off the site and texting… get them off as fast as you can… the sooner the better. Girls on those sites are actively looking for dates and boyfriends. No need to wait that long.

Jarod Oner
    Jarod Oner
    Participant
    June 18, 2014 at 8:44 am #55448

When they’re gone working or on vacation, don’t trip. This chick is obviously busy out there working.

While you’re texting her, GIVE VALUE, by NOT asking questions or trying to get a convo out of her. Simply send random but fun texts to ADD to the interaction (which will be one sided) YOU giving her things to smile about.

Whenever I’m talking to a girl that’s on vacation or out of town for work, I send two types of texts…

Statement texts and Moments texts.

A statement text is something like, “I love potato tacos!”

Now a Moment text is something that’s happening to you in that moment like, “Dammit, I go to pet my cat and the lil bastard scratched me good. OUCH!”

Don’t think too much about it… wait until she’s home and then hit her up.

One last thing… don’t wait weeks to get girls off the site and texting… get them off as fast as you can… the sooner the better. Girls on those sites are actively looking for dates and boyfriends. No need to wait that long.

theriverweasel
    Participant
    June 18, 2014 at 1:27 pm #55537

Maybe she was too busy to talk during her trip? Usually with things like this it’s all a miscommunication, so I think the best thing to do is call her when you know she is back in town. Don’t overthink and think of the worst case scenario

phoenix7
    phoenix7
    Participant
    July 14, 2014 at 10:25 am #57365

I’ve had this card played on me once or twice. Let me guess, you had good dates, great communication flow, then something comes up where she’s busy with something important (usual work or family related). Communicate flow starts to dry out. If she’s into you, even while she may be legitimately be busy, she will still make room and will still keep the conversation going, even if it is limited by what’s she’s doing.

What your friends have suggested sounds like a good idea. You don’t want to nag her. I would be tactful in your communications with her and craft them in such a way that they are engaging rather than something generic, like “How are you doing?” In one instance, I invited a lady out to a couple local events, in which I got a response that she moved on. In other instances where I was far more general either got no response or if I was lucky got a generic one line response back.

And1S
    Participant
    July 15, 2014 at 8:41 am #57438

I forgot about this post, but a little update.

We have continued to talk since she got back (apparently there was an issue with her phone previously on the trip), but the communication has always been one sided. I don’t mean that I get one word clip responses, but every communication is initiated by me. If I go a couple of days without reaching out to her then we don’t talk, but if I do reach out to her then we have a real conversation. Her schedule has been pretty hectic, and I have not pushed it too much. However, we’ve been out I think 4 times at this point and I have no idea what her interest level is. Though if I’m being honest with myself the fact that I don’t know probably means that I do.

Thanks for the advice.

moll533
    Participant
    July 16, 2014 at 12:08 pm #57614

hey! Listen…you never know what has happened on the other side. She may have left her battery charger at home, so her phone isn’t working, she could have broken it, she could have found out she lost a family member and just doesn’t feel like talking….I mean, you just never know! Technology can be such a mess sometimes and so many people form opinions from it that are entirely inaccurate…and sometimes accurate….you just never know! Maybe contact her through the dating site you met on after she gets back. Send her a message saying you would love to take her to dinner at this amazing restaurant, however you sent her some text messages that she didn’t respond to. You wanted to make 1 last attempt in case something went haywire with her phone. You will not contact her anymore after this, so if she is interested, let you know, if not…then good luck! hope this helps!

I have to agree with the above message from Heidi.. I would not give up at this point. She is on a business trip. When she gets back I would contact her through the dating website, or just give her a call. Once you have tried that I feel like you will know. Goodluck!