is there still a chance in the future?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 12:29 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

runnergal13
    Participant
    January 28, 2014 at 12:38 am #46690

So I was dating this guy who told his friends and family about me and even asked me to be his girlfriend but I wasn’t ready. A couple weeks after I said I wasn’t ready to be his girlifriend, he told me he cant date me right now. He said he wants to date me, just not right now. He later said his aa sponser told him he cant date til hes done with his steps. he told me he likes me a ton and wanted to continue dating me in a few months. he said we could keep in touch and hang out but it would be hard not to kiss all over me. a week later, I find out hes dating another girl. he doesnt tell me until I ask him over facebook message. he just says “yes, im dating her”. then i get mad and say goodbye and he just says “goodbye” and defriends me and ignores me.
    Should I wait til they break up or move on?

butterfly
    butterfly
    Participant
    January 28, 2014 at 12:40 pm #46724

Move on sweetie. He has and you shouldn’t be treated in such a shabby manner.

Redheadedpirate
    Participant
    February 2, 2014 at 11:45 pm #47049

Move on. He is not worthy of your attention if he would treat you like this.

Anonymous
    February 4, 2014 at 2:58 am #47141

I agree he is definitely not worth your love and attention. My grandma always told me that I should find a man I love, but make sure he loves me more. Certainly his actuation doesn’t indicate that he truly loves you.

JayEvo
    JayEvo
    Participant
    February 4, 2014 at 4:49 am #47143

He sounds like a player… you should move on, the time and effort you will spend waiting for him can be put to better use.

torotoro12
    Participant
    February 4, 2014 at 2:44 pm #47172

Write this one off. Listen to the others on here.
    Probably not worth the time and effort for you.

Aurore
    Participant
    February 4, 2014 at 3:23 pm #47177

It is tough and painful. Here today, gone tomorrow. Cry it out and move on, that’s all you can do!

jessetr
    Participant
    February 4, 2014 at 5:19 pm #47205

Yes, definitely wait for him to break up with that other girl. Watch him carefully everywhere he goes. Obsessively collect all the information you can about him. Then, take note of all the things in your life you let go because you were obsessing about him.

Then, and only then, admit you have to move on.

anabell
    Participant
    February 5, 2014 at 4:39 am #47219

Definitely move on! The thing with us women is that we always complain about how “complicated” men are but in reality they are pretty straight forward. Not only is he dating someone else when he told you he couldn’t date, but deleted you after you asked him. That itself should tell you to move in. I know it sucks to hear this but there is no future there.

undercoverlover
    Participant
    February 8, 2014 at 11:27 am #47445
    Reply To: is there still a chance in the future?

This shows his real value…or in short forget and move on..

jjminty
    Participant
    February 9, 2014 at 6:34 am #47458
    Reply To: is there still a chance in the future?

Move on! You deserve someone who’s going to treat you better!