Is this a date or not??

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Is this a date or not??

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 12:47 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

poshgirl
    Participant
    February 18, 2017 at 5:06 pm #127539
    Is this a date or not??

I know this guy from where I used to work who has asked me to meet him next weekend for a drink. He started messaging me during the olympics last year, he ended first message with “x” (kiss) which surprised me. These messages often went on until after midnight. Then there was a gap so I messaged him and found out he was really busy with work and family issues. We arranged to meet for a coffee after a few rainchecks, which turned into lunch and although we both said we should do it again, I honestly expected it to be another lunch sometime.

He was in a long-term relationship then told me he had met someone else. As I haven’t been in a relationship for a while I’m not sure whether I’m misinterpreting his invitation. Haven’t replied to him yet, thought I would leave it a couple of days so I don’t appear too keen. We share some interests but there’s quite an age gap (he’s younger than me). I don’t think he’s realised this as I don’t look my age. Am I over-analysing this?

Alex_m
    Participant
    February 20, 2017 at 8:52 pm #127595

It doesn’t sound like a date in my opinion . Seems like catching up over drinks

anon721
    Participant
    February 20, 2017 at 9:53 pm #127596

Sorry, I don’t think it was a date.

Treez64
    Participant
    February 24, 2017 at 11:10 am #128146

Hi there, I’m reading this a bit late lol.
    Can I ask what happened? if you don’t mind.
    I thought he sounded interested in you but he was unsure of your feelings towards him (because of age gap maybe).

poshgirl
    Participant
    February 24, 2017 at 11:32 am #128150

Treez64, it hasn’t happened yet. I replied and said yes but not heard anything further from him. It’s supposed to be next weekend.

Don’t know if he’s a good judge of age or not, we’ll have to see………

alipson
    Participant
    February 24, 2017 at 11:48 am #128157

sorry, I don’t think it was a date

F1end
    F1end
    Participant
    February 24, 2017 at 2:43 pm #128217

I think you are open to it, if you are being honest lol.

And drinks is more sexual. It’s going in that direction.

So, go and find out.

Lkn4Peace
    Participant
    February 25, 2017 at 12:30 pm #128310

I dont think it was a date

CatD4
    Participant
    February 26, 2017 at 12:43 pm #128330

I think it was more of a casual get-to-know you, but doesn’t mean there might not be a proper date. I hope it turns out for the best for you

ptz22
    Participant
    February 27, 2017 at 2:38 am #128343
    Reply To: Is this a date or not??

Seems more casual

User1234
    Participant
    February 27, 2017 at 6:21 am #128346

doesn’t sound like one, no

wanderer
    Participant
    March 1, 2017 at 10:49 pm #128737

Sorry it doesn’t sound like a date, it sounds more like friends talking over lunch/coffee to catch up on their lives.

RoxOli
    RoxOli
    Participant
    March 2, 2017 at 5:32 am #128741

I have to agree… doesn’t sound like he was all too interested.. But my advice is not to take it personally. As Miranda from SATS says – He is just not that into me! Burger (Kerry’s boyfriend at the time) told her that when she was over-analyzing things about a date that didn’t want to come to her apartment after a date.

JulzC78
    Participant
    March 4, 2017 at 9:22 pm #129082

Definitely confusing. Sounds like he was interested and now isn’t? Did he say he was in a long term relationship? B/c that changes things…