Is this a sign of insecurity?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    November 11, 2017 at 3:04 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

longing4connection
    longing4connection
    Participant
    March 22, 2017 at 4:15 pm #130854

The guy I’m seeing has brought up other girls who are into him. He didn’t do this at first, but started as time went on (after a year or so).

He’s brought up threesomes. Usually it’s in general, but two times it included specific women who’d hit on him. (The second time, he’d acted as though he thought it was funny. I assume – now – that it’s because the woman is what would be considered lower class & not attractive.)

Most recently, when I was still using a VERY broken phone that was only sporadically giving me message notifications (& I didn’t know he was messaging me & hence didn’t respond), he sent a meme & a comment … together giving the message that another girl was hitting on him. (I’ve come to believe it was 1 of the 2 girls he’d mentioned above several months before.)

longing4connection
    longing4connection
    Participant
    March 22, 2017 at 4:16 pm #130855

— possible signs of insecurity in the past —

When we had only been dating for 2- to 4-months, he invited me to go see him. I’d been texting a (female) friend & was thinking I’d need to go help her. (I ended up not needing to.) When I told him I was texting a friend & might not be able to see him, he asked “you’re not playing me, are you?”

In the past, re: cheating, he’s said “I hope you’d never do that to me.” (He divorced a woman who’d cheated & explained that finding out had almost killed him.)

It’s not unusual for him, when he’s seen me on my phone, to ask “who are you texting?” I’ve always taken that to mean he’s suspicious that I’m texting other guys. (I’m not.)

He has also frequently said “I don’t see why” when I say I like him.

Lastly, there have been a few times when he’s said “you’re blind” when I tell him how cute he is.

MazzMelissa
    Participant
    March 22, 2017 at 5:05 pm #130865

He most definitely is insecure and I would watch out for that because guys like him may look to other women for validation (i.e. cheating). They typically seek out the attention of other women to build up their own persona. Also if threesome is something you are not or will never be into, you need to tell him and let him know how it makes you feel when he mentions that kind of stuff. If he is worth keeping and or your time than he should listen to you and adjust his behavior accordingly, if not, it time to move on girl!!!

5by5
    5by5
    Participant
    March 23, 2017 at 6:55 am #130893

A male here (don’t shoot lol), Guys CAN mention things like about how the dating scene is going, it’s perfectly healthy & girls can do the same BUT not go into detail about specifics (such as sexual acts or names) because if he does, wait for it……. “He’s just not that into you” sorry for the cliché but it had to be said & yet he is into you but for all the wrong reasons (you’re just a f***k).