is this a sound plan for a possible first date?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 6:10 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

NotSoILie
    Participant
    October 4, 2013 at 11:21 am #40618

Hey all,

So I met a woman a week ago, hit things off pretty well, hung out a little over the week. Anyways, I think I’m interested in her, and there is at least a chance that the feeling is mutual.

I was thinking about asking her to lunch this weekend, and essentially asking her if she wants to continue this relationship romantically or just as a friendship. Does that sound like a sound plan, or is that question too forward? I should have no problem working it into the conversation; for whatever reason I have no problem making small talk with her like I typically do in one-on-one situations with women.

Anyone care to weigh in on this?

skrillex4life
    skrillex4life
    Participant
    October 16, 2013 at 10:37 am #41296

I would be careful being to forward this early. Try to have a nice lunch date and then instead of giving her an ultimatum like proposal just ask her out for something else. Step it up a bit, like a nice dinner or a day trip or something.

AnimalLover
    AnimalLover
    Participant
    October 16, 2013 at 10:38 am #41299

It sounds like you have a good thing going, but if it has only been a week I would say to hold off on the labels for now. Enjoy yourselves and get a feel for each other before trying to jump into a relationship. I would say have lunch with her, get to know her more as a person, and avoid the forward questions because putting her on the spot after spending very little time with her is a lot of pressure. After a certain amount of time, it usually becomes clear whether or not someone wants to be in a relationship or not, so don’t worry about it and just enjoy your time getting to know each other in the meantime.

NotSoILie
    Participant
    October 16, 2013 at 10:43 am #41305

Thanks for the replies. I ended up doing the lunch date sans ultimatum, and things went well. Date#4 planned for this weekend

candydude
    candydude
    Participant
    October 16, 2013 at 11:08 am #41315

Thanks for the replies. I ended up doing the lunch date sans ultimatum, and things went well. Date#4 planned for this weekend

Good luck buddy, sounds like you got this.

michael
    Participant
    October 22, 2013 at 9:23 pm #41693

Congrats on everything working out 😀

robson921
    robson921
    Participant
    October 26, 2013 at 11:56 am #41967

Nice to hear that everything went well 🙂 Good luck

salyerj
    Participant
    October 27, 2013 at 10:45 pm #41970

Good stuff. I suggest that you just focus on hanging out, having fun, and hooking up. Don’t overcomplicate things. Let her be the one that brings up the exclusivity.

RandomPoster
    Participant
    November 1, 2013 at 9:12 am #42288

Glad to hear things are working out. I agree that it is never a good idea to give someone an ultimatum … relationships are fluid and resist being pinned down early.