Is this considered a date or a waste of my time?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 1:22 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

carlosescarlos
    Participant
    January 12, 2017 at 5:50 pm #122863

I’ve already had 3 dates with her, and I asked her on a 4th. She rescheduled it, then cancelled again, hours before the date. I initiated several times over SnapChat/text, both dead-end convos. She never initiates them. A month later, I replied to a Snapchat photo of her working at an animal rehab viewing center. She told me I should visit and gave me her work hours. Should I go? Is this considered a date? I also don’t want to seem desperate by agreeing to go. It’s already been almost 2 months since our 3rd date.

cheeks
    Participant
    January 13, 2017 at 5:48 am #122869

I wouldn’t consider it a date just meeting up but if you like her then go for it dude.

logansrun
    Participant
    January 13, 2017 at 8:32 am #122873

I wouldn’t consider it a date. I think she might just be trying to be nice. If you really wanted to still visit just to see what the vibe is then maybe take a friend with you so it doesn’t look like you’re just going there to see her. Play it cool and casual.

carol1973
    carol1973
    Participant
    January 13, 2017 at 10:01 am #122910

It sounds like she might not be into it, and no it’s not a date. Go visit, but I’d prepare to move on. Just FYI, women are being told, time and time again, to not initiate, with the idea that, if a guy is into us, he will do the initiating. I’ve read it over and over in magazine articles and advice columns.

needadvicedc10
    Participant
    January 16, 2017 at 9:28 pm #123228

Sounds like she’s moved on. Sucks, but radio silence for a while and then MAYBE send her a text in a month or so.

richiro
    richiro
    Participant
    January 18, 2017 at 10:03 pm #123602

1. you should go. she invited you. she wouldn’t do that if she weren’t interested.
    2. it is NOT a date. so you will want to ask her out when you go visit so youc an have a date.

her answer will let yo know what her interest level is.

Good luck.

Dreieinigkeitsmoses
    Participant
    January 19, 2017 at 1:46 am #123632

I don’t think that’s a date

JackSpedicy
    Participant
    January 19, 2017 at 3:29 am #123634

Not a date but I would go for it