Is this girl serious or just an attention seeker?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 6:05 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

FakeRice
    FakeRice
    Participant
    September 18, 2015 at 1:33 pm #85594

Recently I registered on a dating site. After a while a girl sent me a “hello :)” as a private message. We started talking and I managed to get her snapchat. I started messaging her on snap and after a little while I asked her out.

Since snapchat messages disappear this convo is from my memory.

Me: “So on a date what do you like to do?”
    Girl: “Oh I don’t know I’ve never really been on a date like that”
    Me: “Really? I find that hard to believe 🙂 [she’s attractive so I genuinly don’t believe her, lol] What do you like to do in general then when you want to have fun?”
    Girl: [lists her interests which are pretty “generic” stuff like going out with friends]
    Me: So, have you ever been to [restaurant name]?
    Girl: No…
    Me: Something you’d like to do?
    Girl: Maybe… 🙂
    Me: So maybe we can go next weekend? We have time to get to know eachother more on here until then.
    Girl: Yeah absolutely we could do that 🙂

[to be continued…]

FakeRice
    FakeRice
    Participant
    September 18, 2015 at 1:35 pm #85595

So far so good you may say. Problem is: she never really initiates conversation apart from snapchat selfies and small updates from her life etc which might as well be sent to all her contacts. I have no way of knowing.

What do you think? Should I keep going? Will she actually stand up to her word and go with me on a date or does she just like the attention? I googled her a little and she seems to blog a lot. Attention seeking trait is what I’m thinking.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 1 month ago by FakeRice FakeRice.
    • This reply was modified 2 years, 1 month ago by FakeRice FakeRice.

SsK
    Participant
    September 21, 2015 at 7:10 am #85646

Meet her as planned then decide.
    She may also find it easier to initiate conversations and keep them going after meeting you in person.

She might be worried about giving out too much information about herself to a stranger.
    It’s shocking how many strange guys contact women on online dating sites. It’s not always easy to know who is being genuine

confused47
    Participant
    September 21, 2015 at 7:17 pm #85660

I got the same problem going… She seems all flirty then boom totally turned off

dova91
    Participant
    September 22, 2015 at 1:16 am #85680

I think it should be good. Don’t jump to conclusions so fast. She might be interested because she accepted your invitation. Just go with the flow..

matt67
    Participant
    September 22, 2015 at 7:30 pm #85744

I’d say just go with the flow.

confused47
    Participant
    September 23, 2015 at 8:07 am #85765

Yeah man I’d say your in the clear. There’s only so much you can say to a complete stranger over text. Whats more exciting, hearing about a your craziest story over a text that will probably be so long and confusing it doesn’t make sense, or in person with your full emotion into it? Point of the matter is, assuming shes 21+ I’m not sure why any girl would make plans like that with intentions to blow them off. If she did, shes crazy, and you dodged a bullet bro.

Musical
    Participant
    September 24, 2015 at 6:00 pm #85913

The main thing would be to try and create a 2-way conversation when meeting in person. If she replies in monosyllables, then, unless you yourself are really interested, back off, because she is either not interested, or does not want to make any sort of effort. Otherwise, it is all a matter of gradually becoming comfortable, and letting things flow. And then deciding whether or not there is any interest on your part. Although I am anything but an expert on dating sites, but such is life.