Is this going somewhere?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Is this going somewhere?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 5:41 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

HoneyBee83
    Participant
    November 29, 2014 at 10:20 pm #68361
    Is this going somewhere?

I met a guy online and we hit it off really good. However it’s been about six weeks and we have only been out 3 times. He does live an hour away which makes things difficult but I am willing to travel to see him. He told me a few weeks ago after our first date that he is pseudo dating someone else. I admit I was upset by this, but I appreciate his honesty about it. He seems genuinely interested in me, he often compliments me, not only on my looks but on my personality which I really like. He is certainly the most genuine guy I have ever met and there is great chemistry between us which is why I am so interested in getting to spend more time with him. However I am really afraid he is going to choose to get serious with someone else, or decide the distance is too much. Am I an idiot for continuing to wait around for him? At this point I’m not trying to pursue a relationship because we have only been out a few times but I would love to see him more often. It’s been two weeks since

HoneyBee83
    Participant
    November 29, 2014 at 10:25 pm #68362

We last saw each other. We do text often and he has mentioned wanting to see me again. Am I being put on the back burner for another girl or does the distance and various life events really make up why I haven’t been able to see him. If I wasn’t so very much infatuated with him I would have walked away weeks ago. But I do see the possibility of a great relationship down the road. I’m so confused! Any thoughts?

JChristie
    JChristie
    Participant
    December 1, 2014 at 2:44 pm #68461

there are too many men stringing women along. if he is really interested in spending time with you, leave out the sex and the mothering stuff when you are with him.. unless he is broke, have him take you out when you do have a date. and instead of sex, try to see if you two can enjoy each other with sex off the table. good luck on your quest for romance and love…

CAgirl94
    Participant
    December 1, 2014 at 7:10 pm #68504

If he is into, he is into you. Don’t overanalyze it too much. Just remember if you don’t like the way he is treating you and you think he should be spending more time with you, then it’s probably an indication that he’s not right for you.

cody1983
    Participant
    December 2, 2014 at 2:33 pm #68529

Keep your legs closed, if he keeps coming around he’s not after that.

Sportygal28
    Participant
    December 7, 2014 at 2:44 am #68838

I agree with CAgirl. It is easy to overanalyze it. If you really like the guy, I guess you could try to meet him in the middle somewhere between where you live and he lives to see how its going.

kellycat
    Participant
    December 7, 2014 at 1:28 pm #68845

If hes interested then he will definitely find time to meet up with you!he does sound very promising with the compliments etc..as men who arent interested don’t bother with things like that in my experience

reevesbonilla
    Participant
    December 7, 2014 at 10:18 pm #68851

ehhhhhhhhhhhhhh

HoneyBee83
    Participant
    December 8, 2014 at 8:56 am #68809

Thank you for the good advice. I actually just flat out told him I felt I was being strung along and we talked about the situation. Seems we had some miscommunication and we are continuing to see one another.

On a different note I do just have to say that I never mentioned I was sleeping with him. So to those of you who told me to ‘keep my legs shut’ you for one thing were jumping to a conclusion and also if sex between two people is consensual then it shouldn’t matter when it happens. There is a rediculous double standard on women and it’s not right or fair. A woman has the right to have sex on her own terms and not be judged for it. Does having sex too early in a relationship hurt it? I have experienced both outcomes, but instead of telling women that there is a set of rules to be followed we should understand that everyone is different and their choices when it comes to sex need to be respected.