Is this likely a real thing, or just a rebound?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 1:21 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

June 16, 2016 at 10:01 am #103451

A friend of mine ended her LTR, a month ago. Her relationship had been rocky for a while. We’ve known eachother for the last year, while I was broken up with by my girlfriend 8 months ago. Since then, I acknowledged that I liked her, but wasn’t rdy since I was not over my ex; and also because she was in a relationship. That said, this friend of mine had told mutual friends that she liked me too, whilst she was still in her relationship.
    1-2 weeks after she ended things, I let her know how I felt, not expecting any big change to occur. A week later she asked me out as friends, had a fun/romantic time, and kissed. We started hanging out more frequently. We don’t want a rebound thing, though she’s not rdy to jump into a new relationship, so I’ve expressed that I can wait for her to be rdy. A friend mentioned to her that she’s totally in a rebound, which has her concerned. We check-in about how she feels about what we’re doing, cause I want this to be a real thing eventually.
    Thoughts?

iamdumb
    Participant
    June 16, 2016 at 7:21 pm #103549

I think you’re doing it right. Keep seeing her and take it slow.

JosiahSaysSo1
    JosiahSaysSo1
    Participant
    June 16, 2016 at 7:46 pm #103550

Yes, I agree! you’re on the right track so just keep doing what you’re doing and it will eventually blossom to something.