Is this man crazy…or messing with my head? should I run?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 12:14 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

lisa992
    Participant
    December 10, 2013 at 11:36 pm #44402

I met this guy weeks ago. hes a lawyer.He spent 500.00 on concert tickets before even meeting me. We had a good time and afterwards did some sexual things and mostly i initiated.He lies about little things..we’ve seen each other 4-5 times after. He lied about where he went thanksgiving. Lied about saying bye to me in the morning he didn’t. Then out of the blue he put me down for no reason to make me feel bad, it was weird. Now, he’s really playing games it seems. He rushed to see me for my birthday to almost take me away from my family. Lied saying he had to go to miami to see his kids, then he didn’t go, only spent two hours with me and bailed. I caught him in his lie..he said his ex swapped weeks with him. plans to see me next day, but then he said he had to go to miami his ex got sick. I know he’s lying. Now he’s playing weird games thru text..he said he wanted to see me, then said he’s a lying cheat and hopes I find a good man- all said today. Is he crazy, playing games? im confuse

lisa992
    Participant
    December 10, 2013 at 11:39 pm #44403

ok let me further explain since there was a char limit.. this guy is REALLY messing with me it seems. For my birthday he suddenly wanted to see me because he put me down the day before and I was so upset..then my mother was there and he kept wanting to see me. Then I rushed to see him though we were at disney..he said he had to drive to miami to see his kids. made a HUGE spiel about it. he stayed with me two hours then left suddenly. next thing I know hes asking me for pictures of me..i said i thought you were driving to miami to see your kids?? he said his ex swapped weeks with him and we could spend all week together..(at night after my job gets out)..then the next day he said he’d see me at 10pm. Then suddenly texted later saying he had to go to miami his ex got sick. Then the next day, today, he said he wished he was with me right then..im sure he’s not in miami and he’s lying. Then on my break i said “what’s up” and he responded oddly with this

Anonymous
    December 15, 2013 at 5:04 am #44569

RUN. For real. He’s a freakin’ asshole. And you need to stay the hell away from him. He sounds verbally abusive and it also sounds like he’s stringing you along.
    He’s a serious liar so you know you can’t trust him
    There are wayyy nicer guys than that.

thesearchisover
    Participant
    December 15, 2013 at 3:30 pm #44570

Yeah, it clearly seems like you should run based on what you say. I know it might be hard to let go of him since he spent so much money on the tickets (i.e. he has money) and he may have seemed nice at the beginning. But what matters is the way he’s acting; you don’t want a guy who lies so blatantly to that extent, these aren’t just “little lies”…

lisa992
    Participant
    April 7, 2014 at 6:24 pm #44404

“u must be a mind reader because i am just another lying cheating asshole scumbags u right about men sorry for my involvement in ur life u deserve better. I’m glad u r stil a virgin I hope u meet the man of ur dreams I really do.”

ok what does this mean?? hours prior he was saying.. miss you, and i wish I was with you right now.” then out of the blue he writes this? yesterday or the day before he talked about how he was going to see me yesterday…and spend all week with me and have fun. I’m wondering if either he’s changing his mind, psychotic, playing games..(i dont care if he has other women we’re not really dating just FWB)…or what is going on with him. It seems he’s trying to get reactions out of me. he insulted me days ago for no reason…trying to put me down in some weird way. im a beautiful girl and he’s a good looking guy.. is he trying to ‘cut ties’ with me? i’m not sure what is going on here….

lisa992
    Participant
    April 7, 2014 at 6:25 pm #44405

“u must be a mind reader because i am just another lying cheating asshole scumbags u right about men sorry for my involvement in ur life u deserve better. I’m glad u r stil a virgin I hope u meet the man of ur dreams I really do.”

ok what does this mean?? hours prior he was saying.. miss you, and i wish I was with you right now.” then out of the blue he writes this? yesterday or the day before he talked about how he was going to see me yesterday…and spend all week with me and have fun. I’m wondering if either he’s changing his mind, psychotic, playing games..(i dont care if he has other women we’re not really dating just FWB)…or what is going on with him. It seems he’s trying to get reactions out of me. he insulted me days ago for no reason…trying to put me down in some weird way. im a beautiful girl and he’s a good looking guy.. is he trying to ‘cut ties’ with me? i’m not sure what is going on here….

misscanadian
    Participant
    April 7, 2014 at 6:25 pm #44410

You need to run. Fast. You haven’t known this guy very long and already he is dropping that much cash on you, which is just a way to get you to stay. Then not to mention there is the mind games, the manipulation, and the emotional abuse that is happening here. This guy sounds like bad news and you need to get out of there before things take a turn for the even worse.
    Good luck! 🙂

Mimi94
    Participant
    April 7, 2014 at 6:27 pm #44549

Run. This man sounds totally weird and I wouldn’t trust him. You deserve better.

jani
    Participant
    April 8, 2014 at 2:52 pm #50759

U should definitly run.he sounds like a psycho who’s gonna freak out

olioli
    Participant
    April 9, 2014 at 10:21 pm #50833
    Reply To: Is this man crazy…or messing with my head? should I run?

run

veracarn
    Participant
    April 10, 2014 at 1:27 am #50842

He sounds mentally unstable. I say run while you can.

tripped
    Participant
    April 10, 2014 at 1:42 pm #50894

He’s borderline sociopathic it seems. This is a guy who impresses with money, sees no fault in his actions as long as he’s “honest”, and has no respect for your time or relationships(family). This behavior will only get worse, and I hate to say it, but I fear that if he gets attached to you he may become unstable and possessive. Get out while you can!

jake
    Participant
    April 11, 2014 at 3:41 pm #50975

Like others have said….. RUN