Is this really Friendzone ?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    November 11, 2017 at 9:11 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

AzWilly
    Participant
    November 5, 2017 at 2:42 pm #155113

Hi,
    I’m a student, I met a girl last year but we started talking only this year. Quickly, we were very good friend, I though she liked me more but she told me she’s only seeing me as a friend, her best friend. The thing is, I know she’s moving at the end of the year and so I though maybe she told this because she didn’t wanted a relationship in distance since I’ll still study at the same place but not her.

I did accept the situation until, one night, I invited her to watch a movie at my house. We did sleep together and she came very close to me. I mean closer than a “normal” friend would do. Also, I did kissed her while we were lying on the bed. She didnt said anything and didn’t push me back so now I don’t really know what to think about. She also told me I was the only one, she would snuggle against. She told me that wouldn’t get that close to her own friends (girls).

So people who are reading this, in what kind of zone am I ?

darkenmysoul01
    Participant
    November 5, 2017 at 5:18 pm #155119

dude if you got some action you arent friend zoned. congrats!!

Aquaticus
    Participant
    November 6, 2017 at 9:03 am #155132

If you are down for long-distance go after her!

Jeremy23422
    Participant
    November 6, 2017 at 11:52 pm #155328

Well it doesn’t sound like friend zone to me, but on the other hand, when you say “sleep together,” do you mean shared sleep or actual vaginal/penile intercourse?

My first thought was “absolutely not friend zone,” then i reconsidered. There are women who would sleep beside platonic male buddies sans wanting or expecting more. If I were you, I would find a way to lightly and casually redefine. As in, “So I guess this night that we spent together changes things between us, huh?” You just want to make sure that the physical intimacy for her *actually* connotes a change of terms in the relationship. If she’s physically involved with you and still sees you as a friend or buddy, that means she’s either flaky or playing games.

Louis Richards
    Participant
    November 7, 2017 at 4:23 pm #155461

I don’t think that’s friend zone