Is this too pushy? What should I buy him?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments

• jennablack2
    Participant
    November 19, 2016 at 6:52 pm #117900

So umh I kinda went already to the movies with him, together with a friend though. However we had a really lovely time, we laughed a lot and it was just cool His birthday is coming up and I thought about buying him something? But like something really small, I don’t want him to think i’m trying too hard…

I know he likes the red hot chilli peppers and he said that he wanted to go to their concert last week but it was too expensive.. maybe i could buy him the cd? or is that too much? any ideas? thanks xx

109ball02
    Participant
    November 19, 2016 at 10:41 pm #117904

If you havent been seeing him long, to keep it less awkward to give and for him to receive, maybe just ask him something like “so your birthday is coming up, hmm what could I get you?” say it almost like you are thinking to yourself and see how he responds or what he says.

kassie2015
    Participant
    November 19, 2016 at 11:57 pm #117910

Try seeing what else he likes if you don’t want to ask him then ask a friend if they could

theonlyone1996
    Participant
    November 20, 2016 at 10:43 am #117930

I generally think you should only buy gifts for your best friends and family! Even though you like him you might just scare him off… and we wouldn’t want that to happen!

sjm94
    Participant
    November 21, 2016 at 2:08 am #117984

If i was in your situation, given i hadent been seeing him for that long, i’d maybe go with chocolates and a card? It’s nothing too over the top and expensive for where you are at right now, but it shows that you care for him and have enough interest for him that you are willing to show him that you care

Louie97
    Participant
    November 21, 2016 at 10:24 am #118018

I agree. Seeing that you have not known him that long get him a nice hallmark card. Something simple but fancy. Hope this answers your question.