is this weird or is it cut and dry?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 12:58 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

rubyredgems
    Participant
    December 8, 2015 at 7:54 pm #89760

I have been in a casual rtshp with a man for 7 months. at first it started off where he would text all the time, and now it has dwindled to an occasional text weekly, if i text (i try to mirror him) i get a response as well, sometimes it takes a while but i know he’s a busy guy (not saying that is an excuse tho). Our hangouts always consist of hanging out as well (dinner, event) and not solely hooking up. But it’s definitely casual because we have not progressed, somtimes go a month or so without seeing each other. It’s not ‘goign anywhere’. I had resolved to let him know that i was interested in more the last time i saw hinm, whcih was two monhts ago, when he instead brought up exclusivity first. was kind of taken by surprise and said ‘what?’ and then he said it again and i said a couple of things and i said ok and he said now what? and then I said let’s talk about this when we get home beause we had to get to the movie and such. (cont’d below)

rubyredgems
    Participant
    December 8, 2015 at 7:58 pm #89761

and then we didnt talk about it when we got home. i texted him to meet up a couple of days later, to grab a drink, but he was busy and i said ok wanted to finish the convo we started. we’ve both been traveling/busy, but i haven’t seen him in 7 weeks and our texting is the same as before, sporadic and on the hook. i tried to plan a couple of things with him but he’s been busy, although the first time he was out of town, the second time he was busy but tried to make it work. so i guess my question is, why even bring up exclusivity if he’s not going to make an effort or even close out the convo?did he just say it in the moment and then was taken aback by my response and let it go? he knows i want to talk about it more so… i just don’t get the purpose of him saying it? any thoughts? maybe i hurt his feelings, but i am clearly still wanting to see him. we didn’t really meet reg before the convo, so it’s not surprising that he’s not initiating stuff regularly, but not at all? weird?

rubyredgems
    Participant
    December 10, 2015 at 9:41 am #89874

any thoughts?

jennlexii
    Participant
    December 10, 2015 at 1:06 pm #89906

im in a similar situation… i think that if he’s gone weeks without talking to you and months without trying to see you (regardless of how busy he is) maybe you should try and move on.. see what else is out there and can make you happier

rubyredgems
    Participant
    December 13, 2015 at 7:14 pm #90005

thanks! any other thoughts on this one?