Is this worth pursuing?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Is this worth pursuing?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    November 11, 2017 at 9:03 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Spring
    Participant
    October 20, 2017 at 2:16 am #153477
    Is this worth pursuing?

I have worked with an amazing man for a couple of years now and have felt a deep affection for him for a long time. When we started working together I was in a relationship. I left my ex 3 months ago. At the the time I left, “Jim” had just started dating someone. They have had an unstable relationship and I think it is mostly her kids that keep them interacting with one another. He had posted things on Facebook recently about being done with the relationship but also how he was hurting. Today “Jim” confided some things to me about how he plans to help her through a tough time she is going through. After he told me this, he told me that I was his best friend and that there were only 2 other people he ccould talk to like he could me. He said that he could lose anyone except me. He hugged me so tight and for so long and I was started to cry. The way he talked made it sound as if she had ruined things between them but he isn’t the type to abandon someone when they need help.

Spring
    Participant
    October 20, 2017 at 2:20 am #153478

I guess what I a am asking is is this worth pursuing? I’ve had a friend tell me she thinks it is over between them and he is just not the type of guy to leave things bad between him and anyone else. Another said I had just been friend zoned😂! I don’t see what would be so bad about falling in love with your best friend! Any advice would be appreciated!

Jwills84
    Participant
    October 22, 2017 at 1:01 am #153649

Hello,

To start I think you are on the right tracking when you are saying that it would not be bad to fall in love with your best friend because that is how really great relationships start. To me it sounds like Jim is still emotionally invested in this relationship and may still be in denial that it is over in the first place. I know that this is the answer you probably don’t want to but…….rejection hurts incredibly but, if you feel this way about him you need to tell him because you only live once. He may not be receptive to you at first but, who knows what may happen down the road. Carpe diem!!!!!!

matty145
    Participant
    October 22, 2017 at 11:09 pm #153667

yes