It's complicated

DATING ADVICE FORUM

It's complicated

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 5:12 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Bohrddude
    Participant
    January 7, 2016 at 5:48 pm #91290
    It's complicated

Several months ago I was dating this guy. Things seemed to be going really well, he seemed really into me, and I was really happy to be with him, but long story short is I got insecure and screwed things up between us. We’ve remained friends since then, and are both currently dating other people. He’s frustrated by the inability to “get commitment” from his new guy (odd given that he was just out of an LTR when we were dating, and wanted to take it slow then, and it hasn’t been but a few months). The guy I’m seeing now is clearly pretty into me, and it seems like it should be a good relationship except that I’m still caught up on the ex.

I do value having him as a friend, but I also still kind of want to be more than that, and I don’t know what to do about it. Ask if there’s any hope between us? Just cut ties so that I can move on? Stick with the status quo and hope it works out one way or another? And is it fair to keep dating the new guy in any of these cases?

Walker97
    Walker97
    Participant
    February 11, 2016 at 10:57 am #93373

I can’t give advice on the ex situation, but don’t lead your current boyfriend on. It is unfair to him especially if your not over your ex.

KillinYouSoftley
    KillinYouSoftley
    Participant
    February 23, 2016 at 12:14 am #94121

I agree with what Walker97 said, PLEASE don’t lead the current guy on, because that’ll hurt him and you. I’ve been on both ends of the spectrum and they both feel terrible.
    If this current guy seems like a better option, then cutting all ties with the Ex, is your best bet to being happy.
    However, if you want to try things over with your ex, and hopefully fix those problems you had in your previous relationship, then I’d say give it a try and hope for the best.