It's eating me alive….!!!

Author
    Comments

• LumiBeNaughty
    Participant
    August 2, 2016 at 1:41 am #107119
    It's eating me alive….!!!

(I’m a guy)
    Ok so there’s this girl I’ve known for 3 years, we’re the best of friends and we both don’t know any one else who understands us as well as we do. She’s liked me since the day we met but, I wasn’t quite ready to date again. So I kind of pushed her aside. She came to me one day and told me that she started to like this girl. (She’s never dated a girl before nor had any feelings). So I said go for it. They were together for 10 months and they both had very strong feelings for each other. But while they were dating, she still had this crazy attraction towards me, like she knew I was the one, but since I pushed her aside I guess she lost hope and tried other things. The relationship got worse between them and I had to step in. So I’d say she’s bisexual. But she strongly tells me that she’s not, that she’s straight now, it was an experimentation, and that she’s done with the drama of dating girls. is it possible for those feelings to truly go away?? It’s been eating away at me

ReneeL9
    Participant
    August 22, 2016 at 3:32 pm #109064

I think you just need to not (and advise her not to get too caught up into) the imposed rigidness of sexuality. I do believe, for some girls, its sexual experimentation. But I think more often they are able to put gender aside and be fluid because they have feelings for someone that falls outside of their typically preferred gender.

So I guess the real question for you is, does it really matter? Why is it so important to know if she is “truly over girls”? I mean being over an ex is reasonable, but I would encourage you just move on and let her define herself as she feels compelled.

loretta1228
    Participant
    August 22, 2016 at 11:38 pm #109106

I happen to agree with Renee. She has given you some good advice. Allow her to be her and go on with your own life that may or may not include her. I would not push her aside altogether if you are now having some feelings for her and would like to see if it works out. This may be the reason it is eating away you.