It's starting to get awkward or maybe already has, what should I do?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    April 4, 2018 at 11:39 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

teufulintrouble
    Participant
    March 31, 2018 at 2:15 am #169228

Get ready folks;

So I’m infatuated with this girl at my school, we matched and grabbed coffee over a year ago (we had matched 3x on different dating apps before), nothing came after coffee date, so I deleted the app and her along with it and started dating someone else, a year goes by…

Single again and back on the apps, and surprise surprise, we match again. We chat, but she responds every three days, finally I decide I need to just ask her out and stop with the dumb questions, and don’t receive any response…, so again I delete the entire app with her along with it..

Now this person actually attends the same university, and our focus has us in the same building, we crossed paths multiple times w/o exchanging words, but I know both of us recognize each other.

And I kept help but think, “should I just stop her and say hi?” or would that violate some weird dating rule, and make me a creep? what should I do? I don’t want to creep her out, but I want have confidence to ask her out.

HORS
    Participant
    April 1, 2018 at 11:48 am #169250

I’d contact her and go for it

PRW
    Participant
    April 2, 2018 at 2:38 pm #169357

1. A coffee date produces nothing. (BTW – Coffee dates are “Friend Zone” destination dates)
    2. A year goes by with nothing happening
    3. She only responds once every three days with online dating messaging
    4. She goes silent when asked for a specific date
    5. When crossing paths in person, and you know who each other from the Coffee Date,…but she ignores you.

Conclusion: She is not interested in you. #2 & #3 hint at it. #4 & #5 are screaming it at you. Keep going the way you are going and you will probably get a restraining order against you.

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 4 days ago by  PRW.
    • This reply was modified 2 weeks, 4 days ago by  PRW.

Sammy1989
    Participant
    April 2, 2018 at 5:35 pm #169372

As long as it’s just a chat, your doing nothing wrong. Go ahead and ask her this way you’ll get some closure.

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    April 15, 2018 at 3:56 am #170589

Bear in mind you’ve had a coffee date in the past and had brief conversations on the app and you asked her out and got no response.
    You then said: “we crossed paths {multiple times} w/o exchanging words, but I know both of us recognize each other.”
    This doesn’t exactly sound like a match made in heaven. When you asked her out and got {no response} that was a rejection!

Seriously it doesn’t sound like she’s interested in you. We live in a “meet me half way” era.
    Pursuing a woman after she has rejected or ignored you could easily be viewed as harassment or stalking.
    If there’s no indication of (mutual interest) it’s best to just move on. Thankfully there are 7 billion other people on the planet!

Best wishes!