I've been here before but it didn't feel like this.

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 4:00 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

CinemaFan1987
    Participant
    May 3, 2014 at 6:53 pm #52154

Okay, so I met a girl on a popular free dating website which I have had very good luck with. We hit it off through messages very quickly. She offered her phone number and told me to text her. I was already kind of crushing on this girl so much that I actually hesitated to text her for fear of falling for her. I have been hurt badly once before and I am always hesitant because of that. But a friend of mine talked some sense into me and told me that kind of fear will only guarantee that I wind up alone. So I texted her and we began to flow back and forth very nicely. She was asking me all sorts of questions that people ask when they are into someone and we were saying all the normal cute stuff that a guy and a girl say to each other in the early phases. We had a Friday date that went well and ended with a kiss. After that date she texted me before she even made it home to tell me “Thank you for tonight, you’re amazing.” So yeah that put me up on cloud 9. We made plans the next day to-

CinemaFan1987
    Participant
    May 3, 2014 at 7:00 pm #52155

-see each other the following Friday. Things were going nice. We texted regularly for the next couple days. Then by Monday I was barely hearing from her and beginning to feel as though she had lost interest. But I played it cool and didn’t show my cards. Two days before our scheduled date she began to text me more regularly and started saying things that made me feel like she was totally still on board and that I was just being paranoid. So I put it behind me and had a great date with her last night. Way better than the first one. We kissed passionately at the end and we did some wrap up texting after. I told her some sweet things and then I said “I’ve said enough for today, goodnight.”
    She replied “Please say more.” So I did. Nothing too intense, just “You have something, I wasn’t expecting to like a girl this much but it is kind of hard to help it.” She replied “I’m very flattered:)” To which I said “Flattered? That is usually followed by a but I have three boyfriends.” She replied-

CinemaFan1987
    Participant
    May 5, 2014 at 8:43 am #52156

-“No thats not how I meant it. I am just not used to being complimented like this and I don’t know how to take it lol” I said “It’s cool just smile and tell me how you feel about me every now and then, haha.”

That was last night. I have quite literally been looking at my phone all day hoping to see a text from her. But nothing.

Am I sweating over nothing?

CinemaFan1987
    Participant
    May 5, 2014 at 8:43 am #52158

“I didn’t mean it that way I’m just not used to all these compliments and I don’t know how to handle it lol.” I told her it was cool to just smile and tell me how you feel about me every once in a while. That was last night and I have heard nothing all day. Am I sweating over nothing?

CinemaFan1987
    Participant
    May 5, 2014 at 8:43 am #52157

-“I didn’t mean it that way I’m just not used to all these compliments and I don’t know how to handle it lol.” I told her it was cool to just smile and tell me how you feel about me every once in a while. That was last night and I have heard nothing all day. Am I sweating over nothing?