I've been single for FAR TOO LONG!

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 12:34 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

ovenbakedbread
    Participant
    September 24, 2015 at 5:18 pm #85902

So I’m 18, and I know that’s really not that old if you think about it, but it feels like forever. I’ve never, NEVER had a boyfriend or even dated anybody. No guys have really ever shown interest in me, it’s always my friends :/ Anyways, I know people always say college is a good place to meet people, but I’m not in college currently. I’m living at home and working at an orthodontics office and there’s really no chance of meeting anybody there haha. But I’m just really tired of being single when all of my friends are having fun with all these guys. I wouldn’t normally care about this, but I mean come on! I’ve never even DATED anybody! What is wrong with me? I am nice, friendly, not too shy and I’m not afraid to dress however I want. How do I meet guys when all of my friends are away at college and I’m by myself?

Crush12
    Participant
    September 30, 2015 at 1:22 pm #86253

I’m not sure about your social life but you need to start going out. You said you are not afraid to dress however you want and hopefully that means that you dress with some class or something. Not trying to be rude but the way you carry yourself can be a turn off. You should make some effort to be approachable. Anyway, regardless if how you dress I am sure that you will meet someone. Best of luck

Spartan117
    Spartan117
    Participant
    September 30, 2015 at 2:47 pm #86256

College is good to meet people, your work, anywhere really if you’re willing to communicate with others. What I have noticed that’s been going on lately around our age group is online dating, such as POF (free). Surely there will be guys interested in knowing you, but of course don’t be gullible! Play your cards well, hangout publicly once you found someone actually interesting and see if it will bloom into a real relationship.

dandocash
    Participant
    October 1, 2015 at 1:37 am #86293

You have two choices, you either settle for the guy that has always been there for you or reach out to the guy you want to be there for you. It’s honestly as simple as it sounds. It’s up to you whether or not to make it more complicated than it actually is. Choose wisely.

Spartan117
    Spartan117
    Participant
    October 1, 2015 at 8:15 pm #86349

You have two choices, you either settle for the guy that has always been there for you or reach out to the guy you want to be there for you. It’s honestly as simple as it sounds. It’s up to you whether or not to make it more complicated than it actually is. Choose wisely.

What are you, a relationship expert or just a smart male. I actually agree with you. But sometimes us females don’t want the guy in the “friendzone”, we want someone else out of the blue that is harder to obtain.