I've liked her for years but the age difference…

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 8:54 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

johnnybravs
    Participant
    September 19, 2014 at 11:41 am #62266

Hey guys I have a weird situation. I am 24 years old in October and she turns 18 in November. This is a girl that has been child hood friends with my younger sister and we always have been flirty/nice. Last year when I graduated from college i pretended to give her some tips into the industry I work in, getting coffee with her a few times. I wasn’t really concerned with helping her as much as I was just so happy to spend time with her. It has been a quiet crush over the years but wow my heart throbs when I see her. I am concerned about a few things:
    1. Her brother who is the same age as me dated my ex girlfriend (who I was with for 4 years) — will this make it a problem?
    2. Is she too young, emotionally and intellectually? She’s going to be going off to college. I would follow her wherever she was going if we were together, hands down
    3. Is it worth it to wait until she’s 18 to ask her out to a concert (she loves concerts) or should I just leave this one be?
    Thank you!

D4rk4NGEL
    Participant
    September 21, 2014 at 6:06 pm #62328

As far as her brother being cool with you, that’s something you have to decide you can live with. If you don’t care about what he thinks then its up to you and the girl to decide what happens. The age difference will look bad to most people but that’s all this is about anyways. You are worried about what people will think more than if this will work out. Just go for it and don’t worry about what other people think. (Keep in mind there are laws regarding such an age difference)