I've not been on a date in three years; some help?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 1:25 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

anon1504
    anon1504
    Participant
    December 7, 2017 at 10:06 am #159353

I posted on here over a year ago about a girl; she was exactly my type. Unfortunately, I feel like my inaction meant she ‘got away’ and she met another guy. I made the decision to back away, as I couldn’t be her friend.

About a month ago we started talking very occasionally, a few messages online, that is all. I saw nothing of it, just that she was being genuinely friendly. A week in, she disappears from social media and I get a text from her (I didn’t have her number). Not long after that she told me she had just broken up with the other guy. Bear in mind that this is totally out of the blue and she has plenty of female friends for support. I was quite shocked. She said that she had been on a break with him for three months too.

Regardless, I’ve been supportive, as I understand it’s tough going through a break-up, and conversation has become quite flirty over time. I’ve made an effort to make my intentions clear without saying it outright, as I understand she needs some space.

anon1504
    anon1504
    Participant
    December 7, 2017 at 10:06 am #159354

I do feel myself becoming very interested in her again, and I don’t want to fall into a similar trap as last time.

She’s been quite complimentary of me lately, I do think she has feelings for me. I’m quite confident there is something there.

Colleagues at work are telling me to ask her out on a date, but I really don’t want to take a step too far and make her feel uncomfortable. She has only been single for three weeks. I also don’t want to reach a stalemate like I did last time.

Any advice on how I should proceed?

jmdsn
    Participant
    December 11, 2017 at 12:04 pm #159685

I had a similar issue, she might just want your attention.. or something that is very common is getting into another relationship right after a breakup to simply soothe the pain. Be careful to not be used and get hurt again, try to not think about her or overthink the situation.

Be yourself and take things slowly, if she’s into you she’ll get close.

Jamojames
    Participant
    December 11, 2017 at 5:55 pm #159758

Yes probably just like stringing you along women love security “.

Genegilor
    Genegilor
    Participant
    December 12, 2017 at 3:23 am #159777

You need spend more patient and much time in accompany her