DATING ADVICE FORUM

Judging a relationship based on parents

Author
    Comments

• AnonymousDater
    Participant
    March 30, 2017 at 7:48 am #131557
    Judging a relationship based on parents

Hey everyone. I have a question that I feel I know the answer to. I’ve been dating someone for a few months.I enjoy spending time with her however about a month ago we started talking about family and such and when I found out about her parents it makes me hesitant about the relationship. Neither of her parents have a formal education (which isn’t bad) but she spends a lot of time with her mom who never had a job and after a divorce is basically just surviving. Her mom definitely doesn’t have her life together. When I started dating again that’s one thing I knew I wanted, to be with someone who has their life together. The person I’m dating passes that, but just barely and I don’t know why but it bugs me that her mom is like she is. I feel that this is bad to feel like this, I’m not dating her mom…however sometimes children grow up to be just like their parents. Should I tough it out as I am enjoying what we have, or should I listen to how I feel?

Avalanche
    Participant
    March 30, 2017 at 2:05 pm #131639

Are you serious? Man, you are with the girl, and not with her mum. Just dont give a sh!t about the parents.