Just a friend or maybe more? Getting  mixed signals

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Just a friend or maybe more? Getting mixed signals

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 3:11 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

BDK91
    Participant
    February 15, 2016 at 10:05 pm #93666
    Just a friend or maybe more? Getting mixed signals

Hi everyone,
    I am new and am in need of some advice here. This is a long read guys.

I am unable to drive due to very poor vision since birth. I am in my 30’s now and have never really been able to date any due to this. In the past 3 plus years I have really got to know my best friends sister. She is an amazing woman inside and out. I have developed genuine feelings for her in the past year or so as the friendship has grown.

I see her around 10 times a year or so at her brothers house who lives next door to me. Everytime I walk in, she always comes right to me and gives mentions a big 2 arm squeezing hug with greetings. She hangs around me as well when I am there. We talk and seem to really enjoy each others company. She mentions and brings up things we should do together which is great. I also do the same with her and in person, she is very positive to my ideas when asking her to go out together.

The only way until recently, I

BDK91
    Participant
    February 15, 2016 at 10:38 pm #93670

(continued)
    The only real way I have had to contact her by is Facebook with private messages. We finally got together and had dinner some months ago. We from what I could tell both had a wonderful time. She said she definitely wanted to do it again very soon. She also brought up things we should do together like go walk, shop, going to movies and etc. After the dinner date, I ask a few weeks later to do something else, but said she could not. I worte a few more time. She would read my messages but wouldn’t reply. I had the opportunity to see her Thanksgiving but chose not to go.

After 2 and half months right before Christmas (2015) she contacted my through Facebook and wanted me to attend her familys party, which every year we (my family) go to. I told her I would attend. It was more of the same ac from her when I attended the party Christmas night. I did finally ask for her number and she was happy to give it to me. My Birthday is the first of the year.

BDK91
    Participant
    February 16, 2016 at 9:04 am #93673

(continued)
    I asked her to do something with me for my Birthday but she said she would be out of town for 10 days. I sent her a text when she got back but got the same routine. I had the opportunity to see her at a Super Bowl party but chose not to attend. Should I keep trying with her or at this point just cut ties with her. Like I mentioned I have genuine feelings towards her but I don’t want to continue to waste my time if nothing there. Thank you guys!

djames
    djames
    Participant
    February 16, 2016 at 11:57 am #93696

Perhaps it would be wise to mention that you do have feelings. An extended game of cat and mouse can cause a woman to lose her attention for a man! The fact that you live next to her brother and are friends with the family makes the signals she’s send you appear very real and pure, otherwise she risks crossing her own family. Just try not to play the waiting game for too long!

jennarose613
    Participant
    February 16, 2016 at 1:28 pm #93708

I think she may have feelings, continue with it and see where it goes.

BDK91
    Participant
    February 18, 2016 at 5:15 am #93823

Thank you both for your comments. I see I have a few typing errors so please excuse those.