Just a guy and his dog, and his ex and her dog

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 2:49 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

AlexxA
    Participant
    April 20, 2017 at 9:06 am #133765

Been talking to this guy online, now through text. We hit it off and thing have been good. We have been trying to plan a date night together. He was the one to ask me and bring it up. Last night he sends me a message saying he is going to have to wait and check his schedule about a date next week because his work might be slammed. I was immediately confused, because he is an elementary school teacher. How slammed can you be? He then says that the students are on break and so them coming back next week makes him very busy. Busy enough to not be able to fit in a 7PM dinner? That was strange.

Then he and I start talking about his puppy. He’s very proud of it. Then he starts telling me how he has been spending a lot of time with his dog this week and he even got to see his “first puppy” too.

I asked what he meant by that and he said “from my previous relationship.”

So to me, it seems as though his ex took the dog, so since he saw the dog recently, he must see her.

AlexxA
    Participant
    April 20, 2017 at 9:06 am #133766

Well then he starts sending me all pictures of his puppy with her dog. Saying how this picture is from a few weeks ago, and this picture is from today. They were cute and all, but what did he expect me to say to pictures of your dog cuddled with your ex’s dog? And then I felt bad because it’s evident he still loves the old dog that she has. He helped pick it out and raise it out of puppyhood to being a dog. He’s talking up a storm about his new puppy and how much he loves it and then is sending me more pictures of just his new puppy.

It was just odd. He barely asked me anything, was obsessed about talking about his dog. At one point he was like “did I show you the pictures at the dog park yet?” and he sends me pictures he took of the puppy at the dog park. Total he sent me like 5 pictures of the dog. I even made a joke with him and said he should change his profession to professional dog photographer. I mean it wasn’t bad talking about his dog, but he bombarded me with pictures like

AlexxA
    Participant
    April 20, 2017 at 9:09 am #133767

a proud father. Its adorable for sure, but I’m sitting here like lets set a date or let’s talk about something else. I started telling him about a cat I was going to adopt a year ago. He asked me to tell him more about that. So I did. Then he started telling me about a cat his sister rescued. I then told him how my parents have our childhood cat and I just love him and wish I could clone him. He immediately starts saying how he feels that way about his ex’s dog, which was once his dog. Just talking, talking, talking, about the dog. Its just odd. Like I just want to go on a date with him and get to know him. He was the one that asked me our originally, and I said yes, and then he started coordinating times with me, but I seem to always be waiting on him for an exact plan. We picked a restaurant, we just need a date and time.

richiro
    richiro
    Participant
    April 21, 2017 at 12:17 pm #133945

dont kid yourself.. teachers are HELLA busy! my most recent relationship was with a pre-k teacher.
    It also depends on how long he’s been at his job or teaching the subject he presently teaches.

my ex- was on her first full year of pre-k and thus she had to make up all the lessons as they went this year. So she was basically planning and coming up with ideas and activities 24/7. Starting next year it shouldn’t be as bad because she can re-use and re-do some lessons and actifities and alreaedy has them well outlined.

teachers are EXTREMELY busy people. I don’t see any shanningans going on here.

richiro
    richiro
    Participant
    April 21, 2017 at 12:18 pm #133946

funny. my ex- and her dog were inseparable 24/7 as well (except when she was teaching.. but sometimes she’d bring her dog for the kids to help teach certain lessons – responsibility, etc.)

rose115
    Participant
    April 22, 2017 at 1:35 pm #134074

i mean honestly i love my dog and I use her as a conversation filler when i don’t have anything to say. Maybe he’s just trying to find something to talk about until he can figure out his schedule.