Just Discovered New Ex Slept With My Gay Male Friend. Now What?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 5:01 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

DonnaDiva
    Participant
    August 10, 2015 at 9:57 am #83821

I just broke up with my bf about 2 weeks ago because he kept cancelling plans and did not want to fully commit to me only. After the break up, I told my gay male friend about the most recent incident that lead to our breakup. Mind you – I never talked to this friend about my relationship with my ex until after the breakup.

Out of the blue, my gay male friend starts telling me intimate details about my ex that I never told him before – like where he lives, what type of apartment he lives in, and his political beliefs. Furthermore, my gay male friend wrote an ad about my ex and suggested that I post the ad in the classified section of a gay website. That ad was very accurate and pretty much described my ex’s sexual preferences and physical attributes down to the letter.

My gay friend has denied everything, from not knowing my ex to not being gay himself. I feel that he’s lying. My ex 2 timed both of us so he shouldn’t lie. Should I end our friendship and confront my ex?

bzrzxy
    Participant
    September 8, 2015 at 12:12 am #85257

Depends on the type of friendship you have with him. But if you feel a sting of betrayal (which most would) and feel like you can’t trust them….then yeah move on and find a friend you can actually put your trust into. If you have to second guess a friendship then its not exactly a healthy one.

But again, not sure how long or solid your friendship has been with this person.